Adding more air

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have modified my C/A by adding air intake to the grill and air from the fog light location to the C/A box.
picture.php

Is it because you didn't want to use the provided ram air tube?

wut ever, normal response I get when ever I post, kinda getting tired of it. :burnout: later.

wut ever, normal response I get when ever I post, kinda getting tired of it. :burnout: later.

No don't get us wrong man, we aren't dissing your project. I mean this with all respect to help you out... It's just too mexican looking at the moment. You have such a nice truck and have a good idea, but do you really want to put sewege pipe and fart fan ducting that you probably got from the Home Depot in that mean machine?

Give Justin from JMB a call and just ask him for a little help with your idea. That way you can have something that looks like a finished product. And that you won't be made fun of for when you open that hood, but flooded with compliments instead.

like this

Something like this...!

Attachments

• DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 89
Just spray painting the duct black would be a huge improvement. You need to come up with some kind of adapter to fit the fog light hole. The other problem in PA would be the yearly safety inspection. No way it would pass with only one fog light. You would have to remove both lights for it to pass.

One reason was, i dont need the difuser now, as the closed air box, now blocks the opening in the fender, where the difuser air comes in. 2nd was, im hoping by taking the difusers out, more air will go into the engine compartment and moving down the firewall, to underneath the truck, taking some of the heat with it.

What do you want it to do? It sits there, taking in cold air only, from the grill, just what it was intended to do...!

One reason was, i dont need the difuser now, as the closed air box, now blocks the opening in the fender, where the difuser air comes in. 2nd was, im hoping by taking the difusers out, more air will go into the engine compartment and moving down the firewall, to underneath the truck, taking some of the heat with it.

I thought that the defusers were for high speed aerodynamics. By keeping any extra air from entering the grill area and acting like a parachute. If you want to use a right side defuser this is what I would do. Come up with one that mirrors the left side without the factory indent at the top for the air box intake. Then make a hole/funnel that lines up with your new intake. I know its easier said than done.

Its something new. As far as the parachute issue, not really sure about the areo effect. Have to do some more research. I do know, the engine will like the cooler air from the grill.

I think you're new intake system will definitely take in more cold air then a stock system.
Any intake with more than one air inlet won't likely build any pressure from the ram air effect.
The real question is will the engine benefit enough from the intake to overcome any extra aerodynamic drag from the defuser removal?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back