adoption thread...

BurntRubber

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are seriously considering adopting(children). My wife wants to do it, and so do I. the only difference is she want me to sell my viper to have the money for it (with agreement the I can start building a hot rod)...and i would rather just take out of savings as we go through the process.
So who has adopted? I know its a long process. We have 2 girls that are almost 5 & 3 yrs old. we would prolly adopt a child in the next year and then another maybe 2-3 years down the road. We think we would like to adopt a baby, but are flexible. Who has gone through the process? pros and cons???

side note...I am willing to let my viper go under market value. we want to get started on this so its got to go.
not really interested in trades, but anyhting rat rod related I could use!

BurntRubber said:
My wife and I are seriously considering adopting(children). My wife wants to do it, and so do I. the only difference is she want me to sell my viper to have the money for it (with agreement the I can start building a hot rod)...and i would rather just take out of savings as we go through the process.
So who has adopted? I know its a long process. We have 2 girls that are almost 5 & 3 yrs old. we would prolly adopt a child in the next year and then another maybe 2-3 years down the road. We think we would like to adopt a baby, but are flexible. Who has gone through the process? pros and cons???

side note...I am willing to let my viper go under market value. we want to get started on this so its got to go.
not really interested in trades, but anyhting rat rod related I could use!

never have adopted, but congrats bo, you'll make a great dad to a lucky kid:rock:

I am adopted...Billy met my parents, and it is apparent that I am in no way born of my folks...they are all "little people" :rofl:
I thank God every day, that I have such wonderful parents, and that they gave me such a wonderful life.
If you ever want my perspective of things from the adoptee point of view, don't hesitate to call me...I have pm'd ya my cell.:D

We need more good folks like you in this world, Burnt.... :rock: There are so many great kids in the "system" that don't ever get a forever family. :( Best of luck to you and your wife, and God Bless. :congrats:

Black1 said:
We need more good folks like you in this world, Burnt.... :rock: There are so many great kids in the "system" that don't ever get a forever family. :( Best of luck to you and your wife, and God Bless. :congrats:
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Black1 said:
What sucks about that is they make it hard to adopt (long process and fees). I know they want to make sure that everything is where it needs to be but ughh what a pain.

We are also looking at possibly adopting. Who knows what the new year will bring!

thanks guys...we are early in the process. guess its day by day!

amtrucker22 said:
What sucks about that is they make it hard to adopt (long process and fees). I know they want to make sure that everything is where it needs to be but ughh what a pain.

We are also looking at possibly adopting. Who knows what the new year will bring!
My wife and I looked into adoption early on in our marriage. The fees and paperwork is why we never actually got through it. Plus, there are so many problem children in the system. (crack babies etc.). We wanted an infant but could not be guaranteed one since that's what everyone wants. It just didn't work out. Good luck with your adoption. Hopefully your state doesn't make it as difficult.

wow...

at this point I really feel god is calling me to adopt. i know stigmas with crack babies, and abused kids. but wtf, my old man beat the crap out of me. so am i supposed to push that to the side. i am going to take a day to fast and pray about this over the weekend. but honestly...we see all these problems around us, i just feel like i need to put "my money where my mouth is"...NBT (Ken) i am going to give you a call this week. just seems a dam shame to let a kid go to waste over the fact that they may not be the perfect candidate to adopt?

I have several relatives that have adopted children, It seems as though the families that did not have any children of their own had the best outcome. I have a couple of great cousins because of it.
But every family I know that already had children of their own and then has adopted, well the outcome hasn't been a bed of roses. Health issues aside when it comes to kids because biological children can have health issues too.
The problems are more of the rebellious teenager type. This has led to problems in school, alcohol, drugs, police, etc.

Good luck with what you decide. I hope it all works out for you.

One thing you want to do is make sure you are prepared to deal with the time when or if your adopted child wants to find their birth parents. This can be the most difficult time in theirs and your life....

My wife and I am going through the same thing, we actually found a group through our temple that does war orphans out of Israel. The cost was way below what it was locally (which was not our issue), and they offer counseling and local help.

We are 3-4 years off right now and are looking at a older child 3-4 years old, so our situation might be different. I always have looked at my non ability to have children as a way to find this group.

Carlo, you and your wife are obviously people with huge hearts.

It is a tribute to you both and a great example for all of those people who offer no other option but termination.

This is a very important issue for me. Please excuse me while I gloat that Carlo is a friend of mine...

Well done, good and faithful servant.

D

Last edited:
My little sister could not bear children so her and her husband have since adopted a boy and girl from Russia. They originally tried to do it locally but was very put off by the people whom had kids up for adoption. They did not want any future claims to their kid......hence they went to Russia. It was silly expensive and required 3 trips each per kid. I think they spent close to $100k total but make no mistake, they are so happy and feel so blessed.

It this is your calling, you are a saint IMO. There is an adoption network online that has great info.

Good luck.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
My little sister could not bear children so her and her husband have since adopted a boy and girl from Russia. They originally tried to do it locally but was very put off by the people whom had kids up for adoption. They did not want any future claims to their kid......hence they went to Russia. It was silly expensive and required 3 trips each per kid. I think they spent close to $100k total but make no mistake, they are so happy and feel so blessed.

It this is your calling, you are a saint IMO. There is an adoption network online that has great info.

Good luck.

patrick

My wifes concern is "the rest of the family that comes with an open adoption". I understand the mother wanting to know her child and the pain it must be to give your child away. I am not as concerned with the other family issues. but your right...an international adoption does help in that sense.

Back