adoption thread...

good luck with it all...

i think they want to "interview" the whole family...even though i'm married, and my other brother basically is....i don't see how that matters...but whatever...

hope it all works out for you

I was looking into adoption myself at one time, but I had always had the hope that I might have my own one day. All that hope went out the window when I was informed that I needed to have a hysterectomy in November. Now don't get me wrong - I don't have any regrets or ill will towards what I had to go through - for I'm finally no longer in daily severe pain! But my thought was, if I was going to adopt, I didn't want to put limitations a child to adopt. I would rather a child that needs that exra care that I can give. There was a program in Florida, that had minimal or free adoption fees if you adopted a child that had special needs. I don't know if all states have that type of program, and I know that, that sort of adoption is not for everything. It was just something I had in the back of my mind if I were ever to adopt.

My wife and I had our intake meeting today.
basically we went there and talked about ourselves, they gave us a bunch of paperwork to fill out. we start the classes in 4 weeks.

bump, we are completeing our match letter. have 2 appointments this week. hoefully we will be on this list in about 6 weeks.
we put down for a boy, which will be our first.

I am getting excited

Outstanding...the concept of adopting is so wonderful...from both perspectives!

:rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock::rock: :rock:

Good luck Carlos!!

good luck carlos, it takes special people to bring a child in and love them unconditionally. cudos to you two.

This is a wonderful thing you are doing. It takes a special family with huge hearts to adopt a child and provide him/her with a life they would have never had. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this as it will promote many challenges that will be rewarded with all kinds of love, emotion, and happiness.:D

we just got news yesterday that we are approved by the state to adopt. can literally be any day now, or could take a year till we are matched up.
We put down a boy only, so looks like I will have a son!

Good luck bro if you have any questions let me know. We find out weds if we are getting a boy9 and gir8l(siblings). dId you finish your 27hrs yet?

DevilDawg3097 said:
Good luck bro if you have any questions let me know. We find out weds if we are getting a boy9 and gir8l(siblings). dId you finish your 27hrs yet?
everything is doen just waiting on a birth mom.

we are enrolling in an optional class that talks about having a child of a different race, and some of the struggles/perceptions/ignorant people you will face.
other than that we just have to wait for a birth mom to pick us out.

BurntRubber said:
everything is doen just waiting on a birth mom.

we are enrolling in an optional class that talks about having a child of a different race, and some of the struggles/perceptions/ignorant people you will face.
other than that we just have to wait for a birth mom to pick us out.
So you goin new born. Yeah You will be waiting. Look into taking the foster parent class also (even if you only want a newborn) because when someone gives up thier newborn to the state unless there is blood family to adopt usually the Foster parent who gets the child gets first chance to adopt. So that maybe another thing to look at. Good luck Bro.

Back