adoption thread...

that's fucked up, dom...funny, but fucked up...haha

in all seriousness, i don't have any clue as to why my mother decided she wanted to adopt a child...well, yes i do, as a retired RN, and now local school nurse (to work with kids) she kept having these kids come in to the health room, and i can't really say for what reasons because i don't think she was supposed to share:D...kept wondering what "she could reasonably do"...as mother of 4 boys, i'm the oldest, of course, we were all like wtf, ma, and cracked the usual jokes about acting wierd when the DSS came by to interview, etc., etc....(think of the worst possible thing you could say or do in front of a DSS worker...that shit got real funny, real quick...gay incestial brothers on a goat farm...hmmmm...)

but in all actuality, when the jokes and dust settled (this has been several months, now) and both ma and pops are moving forward with it...

if i find out any details and anything that might be valuable to you, i'll let you know...

i will tell you from personal experience, if you feel like the Lord is telling you this....i would definitely pursue it...He won't give you anything that you won't be able to handle...

BurntRubber said:
My wifes concern is "the rest of the family that comes with an open adoption". I understand the mother wanting to know her child and the pain it must be to give your child away

Thats exactly why my sister went to Russia. Way too much Jerry Springer in the local canidates!! They wernt interested in Mr and Mrs Bubba showing up to see how jr. was doing!! Then wanting Jr. back someday and starting all kinds of trouble. I have changed the names but that is exactly what was stated by several people whom chose my sister to adopt their baby. She was so put off, she took her name off the wanting to adopt list.

patrick

Hey brother, if your intersted when I find out more i will let you know, A friend of mine from lebenon is looking for me over there and in israel ages dont matter to me and I told him if possible brothers and sisters, from 2-5 yr old range, I love kids but i hate wiping my own ass:marchmellow: But know seriously when I find out anything I will let you know.;)

thanks guys. I finished a book on adopting. not sure how to apply it. it was written by a woman who was unable to have children.
i on the other hand have 2 daughters with my wife, i never knew what it was like to carry a child, nor do i ever feel like i missed out on that(a woman thing i guess).
still trying to figure it out

Django said:
Many of you nimrods need to buy a capital letter. :rolleyes: ;)

D

im saving my money for the ADOPTION:D
i dont even use punctuation:p

meeting with an agency on monday
my wife is freinds with one of the managers over there. i will keep you guys posted

So my wife and I met with an adoption agency today. We have been praying about it and gathering as much info as possible meeting with people that have adopted and are adopted. I am on boaard and just waiting for her to see where she stands. We start an adoption class in July.

my wife and I start the state mandated classes in july and just sent off the first check to the agency to do the home study.

I am excited!!! a little nervous, but excited.
I really want to try and get a boy but we out down either.
Its in Gods hands now

Very nice. I truly hope it works out. You obviously know what is important in life! :rock:

BurntRubber said:
my wife and I start the state mandated classes in july and just sent off the first check to the agency to do the home study.

I am excited!!! a little nervous, but excited.
I really want to try and get a boy but we out down either.
Its in Gods hands now

:marchmellow: Very cool.

How long does this process take?

LoveThisTruck said:
:marchmellow: Very cool.

How long does this process take?
usually about a year. could be more could be less, depends on the amount of people waiting, the amount of babies...plus you have to write an essay and show pictures of our family and tell why we wnat to adopt. then a mother has to choose us from a list of other people who want to adopt.

amtrucker22 said:
Very nice. I truly hope it works out. You obviously know what is important in life! :rock:
yeah, we will see...i figured I would keep you posted, i thought you had some interest in adopting as well but was completely sure
thanks paul

BurntRubber said:
yeah, we will see...i figured I would keep you posted, i thought you had some interest in adopting as well but was completely sure
thanks paul
We were thinking about it, then we got pregnant. Expected due date December 25th.

I am really hoping this works out for you bro!

Back