Advice on traveling Europe

Looking at this Eurail deal... doesn't look like it's even worth it. I thought those trains were fast:confused: It's much quicker to drive.

great link, do you need visa's for every country you visit?

Visas, no, unless your stay is 90 days or greater. My last Europe trip had me in Dublin, Brussels, transited through Paris to Milan, then onto Rome, then back to Frankfurt. I cleared customs and passport control in Dublin (what a PITA that was). Everywhere else, was simple, no problems.

Last edited:
Visas, no, unless your stay is 90 days or greater. My last Europe trip had me in Dublin, Brussels, transited through Paris to Milan, then onto Rome, then back to Frankfurt. I cleared customs and passport control in Dublin (what a PITA that was). Everywhere else, was simple, no problems.

i KNOW that UK requires it. did not know others do not.

Last edited:
Looking at this Eurail deal... doesn't look like it's even worth it. I thought those trains were fast:confused: It's much quicker to drive.

Yes and no, the fast hwys are mostly toll roads and they are not cheap.
Get off those and you can be stuck behind any slow car, truck, tractor etc.
Parking is/can be non existent and is $$$.
Most cities have massive traffic in and around them.
Plan on lots of time to drive thru them.
Train stations are centrally located and link to the metro/buses which are convienient and generally cheap!
Best argument for the train is the sleep/drink factor.
If your tired you can nod off, if your thirsty you can get your "drink on" and still get there safely.
Have fun.

i KNOW that UK requires it. did not know others do not.

Really? Well they do, sort of ;) . The UK does require a visitor form to be completed, either on line or the old fashioned way...prior to arrival/entry.

The UK does have rules and stipulations that govern immigration policies and requirements, just like the good 'ol USA. Entrance to the UK and actual visa need depends on your status, host country nationality and the purpose and duration of your visit.

I'd suggest that anybody contemplating a visit to the UK for other purposes than a "vacation, short term medical need or education, consultation, etc.", consult the British, Embassy's website for further information concerning visa requirements.

I'd also suggest the same for any other country as well. Don't take my word that a visa is NOT required...contact the Embassy or Consulate directly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back