Alignment Problems

tank86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some back story first:

I replaced the steering knuckle and upper control arm on my truck. Now it pulls hard to the right... i have to keep the steering wheel at about the 10 o'clock position to drive straight.

My question... When i put the upper control arm on... and where it connects at the top where the arm splits off into a fork and connects, i am thinking i positioned it incorrectly causing this. What position are yalls connected in?

(in reference to the front part of the truck, passenger side), the front "leg" is as close as it can go towards the engine. the rear "leg" is complete opposite, as close as it can go towards the wheel itself.

usually its the other way around.

front out & back in.

an aligenment will get everything in sync:rock::rock::rock:

Some back story first:

I replaced the steering knuckle and upper control arm on my truck. Now it pulls hard to the right... i have to keep the steering wheel at about the 10 o'clock position to drive straight.

My question... When i put the upper control arm on... and where it connects at the top where the arm splits off into a fork and connects, i am thinking i positioned it incorrectly causing this. What position are yalls connected in?

(in reference to the front part of the truck, passenger side), the front "leg" is as close as it can go towards the engine. the rear "leg" is complete opposite, as close as it can go towards the wheel itself.

Are you positive you have the SRT upper and spindle? You only did one side correct? It should mirror the untouched side. :burnout:

Yeah, i got the SRT upper, and knuckle.

it was involved in a minor collision so I am wondering if the side i didnt work on was altered also during the collision, and since i tried to make the passenger side match the driver side it isnt dorking something up.

i honestly have no clue. and no shop in germany can do an alignment on this truck.

Yeah, i got the SRT upper, and knuckle.

it was involved in a minor collision so I am wondering if the side i didnt work on was altered also during the collision, and since i tried to make the passenger side match the driver side it isnt dorking something up.

i honestly have no clue. and no shop in germany can do an alignment on this truck.

Why can't they align? Not much different than a ram with 20's?
If you can, post a pic or two of the side you worked on.

No shop has the capability to do an alignment of anything with larger than 20 inch wheels.

Unfortunately that is what I have come to. There is a shady rim/tire place right off base that rents wheels out for the day...

i guess maybe if you have a hot date... and you are poor, it's perfect?

Ck the numbers with connection new knuckles now have to be purchased in pairs

04-05s are no longer available he is the man to ck w

You can do your own alignment it takes a bit to explain but the geometry is a pretty simple process
String jacks chalk and a level are all thats needed

You can get it to where its driveable but a laser alignment is necessity to correct performance and tire wear!

Id rather have a smooth one...
That's what she... oh, never mind.

You can get it to where its driveable but a laser alignment is necessity to correct performance and tire wear!
Agreed. But, the dude can't get a laser alignment and his steering wheel rests at 10 o'clock. He could at least use a tape to get the steering wheel centered and the truck driving straight down the road.

That's what she... oh, never mind.

Agreed. But, the dude can't get a laser alignment and his steering wheel rests at 10 o'clock. He could at least use a tape to get the steering wheel centered and the truck driving straight down the road.

He said he can get 20" wheels to get the alignment sir. I agree to do that to where its at least driveable with tape/eyeball method to get to the alignment shop. The alignment to flat earth using SRT-10 specs afterward is important. I had to argue with local NTB that Ram1500 align specs do not work. Lol:rock:

Very possible chance the rack has forceibly jumped teeth internally as well! Seeing it was hit this hard.

Hi,

Use your german SRT10 friends out there while being stationed in our country.

We can help you out with 20" spares and maybe even an address for alignment !

Give me your zip code and i will try my best to help you out.

Arne

Hi,

Use your german SRT10 friends out there while being stationed in our country.

We can help you out with 20" spares and maybe even an address for alignment !

Give me your zip code and i will try my best to help you out.

Arne

Awesome Arne! That's what the VTCOA is all about! You get your pulleys sir?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back