all this lightning Vs. SRT10 stuff

Da1Chief said:
Yea the Tenn side is still blocked by the slide... Matter of Fact the TDOT put up a Live Hwy Cam so people could keep track of the progress of the Clean Up...

TDOT Link Here

Thanks for the link Sandy...:rock: .....I cant understand why it is taking so long to clear the road...whats it been?..6 months?....traffic is bad here on I-26 due to the detour...

:( I don't know what to make of all this. *sob*You're going down a path I can't follow.... *sniff* Blainakin! You're breaking my heart.

outnumbered said:
Ok guys, first let me say that I have absolutely loved both of my 10's. I left the Ford world in 05 and never looked back. I too love to put the smack down at the track on L's and my former HD brothers when I can. But I have to be realistic about this--modded L's are fast; dang fast. A 650rwhp L (which is very easy to do) will run a mid 10 second 1/4 all day long. And here's the thing, there are a lot of them out there. To my knowledge, there is only one 10 second 10.

So no I'm not defending the L boys, but be really careful about betting against what you think you can beat. Those guys have had a very long time to perfect their setups!
In a way yes and no. we are now just getting things going. It is not we lack power(we have plenty) it is traction. Except for the rearend swap only a few have ventured the challenge of Fuggin grinding calipers:dontknow: let me say it sucks 3hrs my ass:elefant:but with that being said again only few have ventured into it. 1 holds the record 2.fatjack holds the best 60 3. trainman well that mofo can just drive but he has the grind also. So now I join the club;) and lets just say we may be lifting the front off the ground:aetsch: may leave the rear there too but hey thats what racin is all about. On a side note henry ford is the only american to receive the highest reward for a non german citizen given to him by no other than Adolph hitler himself, dig a little deeper and you will find ford helped the nazi's until we entered the war. Just a little fun history.:dontknow::itsme:

DevilDawg3097 said:
only a few have ventured the challenge of Fuggin grinding calipers:dontknow: let me say it sucks 3hrs my ass:elefant:but with that being said again only few have ventured into it.:
i'm having mine machined down by a machinist friend of mine, no grinding for me......... :D he's making a jig to make it very easy & "repeatable"...... ;)

moparracing said:
i'm having mine machined down by a machinist friend of mine, no grinding for me......... :D he's making a jig to make it very easy & "repeatable"...... ;)
Now you know why I never got back to you:elefant: shit I swear the dust pan weighed about 5lbs:dontknow: but it is well worth it;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
put an auto in a bone stock RC and you will do mid twelves all day long;)
Automatic:joyman::puke::joyman::joyman::bootyshake: now what kind of fun is that:aetsch: right rear end gear and I will be in the 10's all day long:elefant::ciao::party:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Automatic:joyman::puke::joyman::joyman::bootyshake: now what kind of fun is that:aetsch: right rear end gear and I will be in the 10's all day long:elefant::ciao::party:
I am talkin bone stock bone stock, a stock RC runs about a 13.4 normally, good or bad drivers.

add an auto, your looking at easy 12's

bone stock the lightnings never hit twelves, put a stick in a lightning and your looking at 14's

jsut cold hard common sense facts;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI

:) Atleast we get burnouts right ;)

The shot that the excursion was running gave it 100 more horsepower roughly, so I was told that it would be roughly a 250 shot on a gas motor? IDK but as far as hp numbers, was roughly 100 more but umm... more torque than your trucks and my truck makes stock extra on top of what it already had... think that was the key to it's success!

My truck put down low 500's today on the dyno, hot florida air killing the power guys!

put an auto in a bone stock RC and you will do mid twelves all day long;)

or, in my case, with every bolt on (on paper: 5050lbs with driver and 600hp) do 11.8-12s. The best part for me, anywhere, every time ;)

TheBatram0001.jpg

Wow...I just got back on and read this entire thread, so I guess I'll add my 2 cents in. I like the Lightning, I think that it is a very affordable platform that you can mod into something pretty ridiculous. With that being said, the reason I went with the SRT-10, aside from it being faster stock vs stock, was the rarity of the Ram. I live in a town of around 30,000 and there are 10-12 Lightnings running around on a daily basis and only one SRT-10...me. No one really looks twice at the Ford, they have built way too many over the years for it to be considered unique. I like the extra attention I get from owning one of the most unique trucks ever built (even more so because it's a Yellow Fever), and that's just something that the Lightning can't offer. That's just my .02 tho, take it or leave it...:dontknow:

I am talkin bone stock bone stock, a stock RC runs about a 13.4 normally, good or bad drivers.

add an auto, your looking at easy 12's

bone stock the lightnings never hit twelves, put a stick in a lightning and your looking at 14's

jsut cold hard common sense facts;)

We aren't dealing with hypothetical's here. We all know that stock for stock the 10 is faster. We know that the L will never obtain the hp numbers that the 10 will make. We know that most people are more impressed when they see a 10; which makes for a better conversation piece. But when it comes to getting down the track the fastest, the L with all it's mods is a formidable foe....period.

outnumbered said:
We aren't dealing with hypothetical's here. We all know that stock for stock the 10 is faster. We know that the L will never obtain the hp numbers that the 10 will make. We know that most people are more impressed when they see a 10; which makes for a better conversation piece. But when it comes to getting down the track the fastest, the L with all it's mods is a formidable foe....period.
they def have better looking hood badges:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back