Am I Crazy For Selling This? Or Am I Crazy For Asking So Much?

fun2xlr8 said:
Yeah, well, I think this beast is a bit more of a project than they have on that show. most of the cars they take can at least run!!

greg

well u never know, they might drop a v10 in there for ya. I kind of wish i could get my 70 monte over hauled

FerrariTruck said:
well u never know, they might drop a v10 in there for ya. I kind of wish i could get my 70 monte over hauled

'70 MONTE??? Post some pics... my first car was '72 Monte. I still miss it!! Those cars were sweet!

ohiosrt10 said:
'70 MONTE??? Post some pics... my first car was '72 Monte. I still miss it!! Those cars were sweet!

alright i dig up some pics of when i first got it back in 02'...I only drove this car for about 2 hours when the motor quit. Yet i still have a hard time trying to part with it since it is the first car i bought myself for $300 bucks( I was a senior in highschool) I'm really attached to it

FerrariTruck said:
The only thing I would try is to get that thing on Overhaulin:dontknow: yea thats the only thing I would try:D Should give Chip a call
I hear this way too much .So I have a question for ya ,,How many of these cars have you seen in person ,up close and touchable that were built on overhacking .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

I know everybody has pretty much chimed in and I think the last choice of just enjoying it with the son is the best . Since I do this for a living I can say the car is not worthless but with no vin ,no documentation ,no drive line ,it's only a wanna be hemi car . Without climbing all over it I would guess you would end up with close to 80k in the car fully done and it would still be a clone with a state vin # if you could even get that . If the car needs to be inspected at DPS to get a new title and they run any of the stamped #'s they could run those and find that car already licenced and that leads to some bad karma for you and the other guy .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
I know everybody has pretty much chimed in and I think the last choice of just enjoying it with the son is the best . Since I do this for a living I can say the car is not worthless but with no vin ,no documentation ,no drive line ,it's only a wanna be hemi car . Without climbing all over it I would guess you would end up with close to 80k in the car fully done and it would still be a clone with a state vin # if you could even get that . If the car needs to be inspected at DPS to get a new title and they run any of the stamped #'s they could run those and find that car already licenced and that leads to some bad karma for you and the other guy .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Ditto! Have fun with your son and make it track car. Best of luck to Ya.

fun2xlr8 said:
Hey, thanks for the input from everyone. You all have very legitimate points as to why 20k is too much. Thank you all for your input and candor. I knew I could count on the guys around here to give me some good feedback. I guess then maybe I should keep it and continue on the path I was on....to make it a cool hemi 4-speed drag car for my son and I to work on and race. I guess the delusions of grandure swept me up with all the Barrett-Jackson stuff.

Greg
Continue on your path and make your cool hemi 4 speed drag car. It will be totally fun and awesome :star:

Hotrodmike said:
I hear this way too much .So I have a question for ya ,,How many of these cars have you seen in person ,up close and touchable that were built on overhacking .
Have A Kind Day
Mike
........................Mopar Nats.....2006!:rock:

Attachments

• DSC02833.JPG
    DSC02833.JPG
    512 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02773.JPG
    DSC02773.JPG
    609.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC02776.JPG
    DSC02776.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 18
pscmopar said:
Ditto! Have fun with your son and make it track car. Best of luck to Ya.

Good to see you pscmopar............

Too long, no see bro..............:dontknow: ........:rock: .......;)

SD

OK, based on the opinions expressed in this thread, I have decided to remove the auction from ebay. I will keep the car and build it with my son as originally planned. Now I need to start looking for a decent resto shop to do the body and paint. Dammit.

Greg

I have just the oposite problem, i have a clear title,vin tag, fender tag, and rad support for a 1967 hemi 4sp charger,but no car

streetwedg

I would list it on ebay with a reserve of 20k, but starting bid of 100.00. Might as well find out what the value is, at least on ebay. Will give you an idea should you need to sell it in the future.

fun2xlr8 said:
OK, based on the opinions expressed in this thread, I have decided to remove the auction from ebay. I will keep the car and build it with my son as originally planned. Now I need to start looking for a decent resto shop to do the body and paint. Dammit.

Greg
Sometime ago I gave you the address of a shop in Port Orchard that is doing my brothers 71' Charger....lemme know if you need it again :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back