America's Strongest Man Video!

Jeez... I am full just reading what you consume in a day.. :puke:

Derek, you must be in the can half the day :toilet:

You eat like you are going to the electric chair ;)

That video makes me sore watching it...

After something like that, do you actually get sore muscles? :dontknow:

TREKER said:
Jeez... I am full just reading what you consume in a day.. :puke:

After something like that, do you actually get sore muscles? :dontknow:

A standard Strongman Competition is two days with 7 - 10 events and sometimes overseas they go for three days. Words cannot describe how it feels toward the end of the second day. Last year I did a team competition in the Ukraine kinda like I'm doing next weekend in Philly. It was two days of Semi-Finals with a day of Finals. We worked our asses off to get into the final but during the beginning of the day I could not imagine I still had a full day of competing ahead of me!! The competition had 5 events each on the first and second day wtih 7 events on the third day! 17 events over three days was pure HELL!! God I loved it!! I go back there this August for the same competiton! I usually drop 10 - 15 lbs in the three days.

lbstone said:
I work Midnights so I’m I wak up usually around 2:00 P.M. so I;ll start there.

2 p.m. - 6 whole eggs a cup of juice and a cup of oatmeal
3 p.m. - gym training
5 p.m. - post workout high carb protien shake (about 800 calories/ 80 grams of protein/100 grams of carbs/little fat)
6 p.m. - either 1 lb of steak, chicken or fish (any meat really as long as it contains approx. 70 - 100 grams protein) with wither rice or pasta
8 p.m. - protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein
8:30 - 10:00 nap - (usually)
10 p.m. - protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein
1 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.
4 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with again either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.
6:30 - usually get off work
7 p.m. protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein

This is a standard day for me. For protein I switch between several different brands throughout the day. I currently use an EAS three part protein, optimum nutrition optimum whey and Muscle Milk. As far as the blended chicken, I boil 2 lbs of chicken in water before work for about 30 minutes. I then cool the chicken and place the 4 breast into a high powered blender filled to the 35 - 40 oz line with water. I blend the chicken on high until it becomes a medium consistency fluid that is drinkable (about a minute). Once done, the 2 lbs of chicken and water make about 40 oz of drinkable puree. I drink 20 oz for each of my two meals at work.

So there ya go!! Enjoy

What the F*ck?:dontknow:

No beer, no Pizza?:confused: I think I would rather slit my wrists.;) :p :D :rock:

I can see your arteries hardening from here...

lbstone said:

3 p.m. - gym training
5 p.m. - post workout high carb protien shake (about 800 calories/ 80 grams of protein/100 grams of carbs/little fat)
6 p.m. - either 1 lb of steak, chicken or fish (any meat really as long as it contains approx. 70 - 100 grams protein) with wither rice or pasta
1 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.
4 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with again either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.

This is a standard day for me. For protein I switch between several different brands throughout the day. I currently use an EAS three part protein, optimum nutrition optimum whey and Muscle Milk. As far as the blended chicken, I boil 2 lbs of chicken in water before work for about 30 minutes. I then cool the chicken and place the 4 breast into a high powered blender filled to the 35 - 40 oz line with water. I blend the chicken on high until it becomes a medium consistency fluid that is drinkable (about a minute). Once done, the 2 lbs of chicken and water make about 40 oz of drinkable puree. I drink 20 oz for each of my two meals at work.

So there ya go!! Enjoy

Derek.............that is hardcore brother!!!!:rock: :rock:

Awesome dude!!!! Thanks for responding.

patrick

lbstone said:

3 p.m. - gym training

So there ya go!! Enjoy

Ya know.... That is pretty much a super-sized version of what me and my fiance' have been on. :dontknow: :)

We have been doing a "PSMF" (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) diet..... :) Looks a lot like that.... only about HALF the carbs and fat. :rock: It's helped me cut about 30lbs and helped my girl get BEEFCAKE! :D :rock:

Black1 said:
Ya know.... That is pretty much a super-sized version of what me and my fiance' have been on. :dontknow: :)

We have been doing a "PSMF" (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) diet..... :) Looks a lot like that.... only about HALF the carbs and fat. :rock: It's helped me cut about 30lbs and helped my girl get BEEFCAKE! :D :rock:

Shes not a cheerleader is she?...lol..j/k brudda..:D

Seriously, chicken paste?..sounds pretty gross..:dontknow:

lbstone said:
did you notice the cooler and gym bag in the bed of my truck at the GTG? I was surprised no one asked me about it!!

Noiticed it, just figured it was, A. None of my beezwax, B. Clothes and stuff for work.

I have a buddy from High School who has been a power lifter for years! He has won some competitions and stuff, and still competes (I think). He always had some sort of energy (Food) with him too. I guess I just recognized it for what it was.:dontknow:

Riff62 said:
Shes not a cheerleader is she?...lol..j/k brudda..:D

Seriously, chicken paste?..sounds pretty gross..:dontknow:

She's MY cheerleader... :dontknow: :D :rock:

Oh, forgot to mention, she doesn't do the whole "chicken paste/cocktail" thing. :puke: that would be a little over the top. :eek:

But, we do have LOT's of protein powder in the house. :) She mixes it with coffee and (no carb/no fat) Vanilla syrup... then adds ice in a shaker... and that makes a "Iced Coffee/ Protein Drink" that actually tastes pretty good. :dontknow: :eek:

We prefer to eat our chicken with a knife and fork. :eek: :p

I think the KEY to the whole thing is, you have to eat AT LEAST 5-7 times per day..... and keep the fat intake low. :)

ntw0rk said:
Noiticed it, just figured it was, A. None of my beezwax, B. Clothes and stuff for work.

I have a buddy from High School who has been a power lifter for years! He has won some competitions and stuff, and still competes (I think). He always had some sort of energy (Food) with him too. I guess I just recognized it for what it was.:dontknow:

The way those wings went down at Hooters I just figured he eats the bones as well. LOL

Black1 said:
She's MY cheerleader... :dontknow: :D :rock:

Oh, forgot to mention, she doesn't do the whole "chicken paste/cocktail" thing. :puke: that would be a little over the top. :eek:

But, we do have LOT's of protein powder in the house. :) She mixes it with coffee and (no carb/no fat) Vanilla syrup... then adds ice in a shaker... and that makes a "Iced Coffee/ Protein Drink" that actually tastes pretty good. :dontknow: :eek:

We prefer to eat our chicken with a knife and fork. :eek: :p

I think the KEY to the whole thing is, you have to eat AT LEAST 5-7 times per day..... and keep the fat intake low. :)

Ive been trying to eat 5-6 times a day but its tough to get on that schedule..I tried some of the meal replacement drinks and was less than impressed..I think they were the EAS Myoplex stuff..kinda not good..lol..
I looked online for som smoothie recipes, and these are much better..My g/f is making the stuff up for me, and I take a couple to work..So far I have lost some weight, and my cholesteral numbers are lower, but I have a ways to go yet..Im tryong to get down to about 200lbs..Im at 240 ish right now..

Riff62 said:
Ive been trying to eat 5-6 times a day but its tough to get on that schedule..I tried some of the meal replacement drinks and was less than impressed..I think they were the EAS Myoplex stuff..kinda not good..lol..
I looked online for som smoothie recipes, and these are much better..My g/f is making the stuff up for me, and I take a couple to work..So far I have lost some weight, and my cholesteral numbers are lower, but I have a ways to go yet..Im tryong to get down to about 200lbs..Im at 240 ish right now..

Are you lifting weights as well? Training with weights can burn fat for hours after your done, where as cardio exercise only burns fat for as long as your heartrate is up in the fat burning zone. Most people dont realize that training with weights is the most efficient way to burn off fat.

Good luck and keep up the hard work.......its worth it.

patrick

Yeah, doing some lifting, but havent been able to keep on schedule..early morning is hard to do, as I am up late most nights..After work is tough, as I have alot of activities going on right now..I have been using the elliptical, at home, aand that helps but I want to get to the gym more often,,just gotta find the time..hopefully after July, things will ease up at work, and I can get on track...I guess right now, anything is better than nothing, and if I watch my diet, I will make some progress...

cool vid. makes me wanna get off my lazy butt and go to the gym, maybe i,ll do it later...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back