America's Strongest Man Video!

I really appreciate everyone's kind words! I have to give props to a good friend Garrick Daft. He's the one who flew out to CT and drove down south for both of my competitions this year to get the footage!! He did an awesome job filming and editing. It was his idea to add in the video of the truck, guess he's got good taste! Thanks again everyone, even you Mickey!!

Awsome vid Derek!!!

Its great to see your dreams have become a reality. Your a big inspiration, it was an honor meeting you and chatting with you.

See you at the next GTG brother!!!

Wow.....:rock:

Question...

how many calories do you eat in a day to be that big....?????

hell you need a truck just to pick up lunch....:D

Geez..that was frickin amazing!!..I wish I could be half that strong...I know..keep eating my wheaties...Great video Derek...really cool stuff..

my girl said he looks like he ate a small child when she saw him in person :D :D :D i agree :D

Sharpimage said:
why not a 40oz :dontknow: or even 5L :dontknow: (think TapVat) :D:D:D:D:D
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Sharpi

Got to be careful,I don't want to ruin my High School figure !!!:D :D

TheSickness said:
Django has a bowel movement reaching to answer the phone :D
I couldn't stop chuckling as read through this thread. Sorry Django. That Mikey ain't right in the head. Great vid Ibstone. Seems you have a fan club here.:rock:

That is alot of dedication, considering that fact you could have a few more SRT's for that food bill. I used to powerlift and loved it, just kind of fell away from it.

lbstone said:
Check out this video a buddy of mine made of the competition! Its freaking awesome and might give some an insight into what else I do in my spare time! be sure to turn you speakers up nice and loud!! You'll love the ending, I'm sure of it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEggOiPPjc

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!.....hell I was gritting my teeth so hard I think I cracked a tooth......great vid....... All I can say is :adore: :adore:

Badf**kingass Mr lbstone! Congratulations on your accomplishment my friend! Its appropriate that America's strongest man drive the World's Fastest Production Truck! ;)

Nowwhat said:

Derek you would freak everybody out if you posted what you actually eat on a average day. I am thinking 300 to 400 grams of JUST protein.......6 chicken beasts, a dozen to 18 eggs (half with yolks), toss in some tuna and 6 to 12 scoops of whey protein powder.......am I close?:dontknow:.....and thats just the protein part..............there is still the massive amounts of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, vegeez, whole wheat bread, banana's and gallons of water!!!!! I would guess 5k calories a day?:dontknow:

Excellent video dude......love it!!!! I joined the gym back in October of 2000 and have been religious about it since......I absolutly love it lifting weights. Having those heavy dumbells over my head gets me high........:rock: What you are doing is simply amazing world class stuff!!! Your willingness to never give up and visualizing winning that contest is why you are so successfull......I am sure you train with that same intensity.

Congrats my big friend, you certainly earned it!! Oh and I bet there arent too many of us that have a 500 HP truck that can actually bench press 500 lbs!!! LOL .........I cannot!!!:p :burnout:

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Oh and I bet there arent too many of us that have a 500 HP truck that can actually bench press 500 lbs!!! LOL .........I cannot!!!:p :burnout:

patrick

You can put me on the 500/500 list.

I really appreciate all the great comments, the video thread on this forum has more replies and views then one of the Strongman Forums!! Thats F’ing great and you guys are great!!! BTW, next comp is in Philly on June 29th and 30th!!
Dominick572 said:
Awsome vid Derek!!!

Its great to see your dreams have become a reality. Your a big inspiration, it was an honor meeting you and chatting with you.

See you at the next GTG brother!!!
The pleasure was all mine! I had a great time at the GTG!!

Stanimal said:
my girl said he looks like he ate a small child when she saw him in person :D :D :D i agree :D
Small child huh, only for breakfast and I like them a little chubby!!

Nowwhat said:
Wow.....:rock:

Question...

hell you need a truck just to pick up lunch....:D
mauiSRT/10 said:
Derek you would freak everybody out if you posted what you actually eat on a average day. I am thinking 300 to 400 grams of JUST protein.......6 chicken beasts, a dozen to 18 eggs (half with yolks), toss in some tuna and 6 to 12 scoops of whey protein powder.......am I close?:dontknow:.....and thats just the protein part..............there is still the massive amounts of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, vegeez, whole wheat bread, banana's and gallons of water!!!!! I would guess 5k calories a day?:dontknow:

I work Midnights so I’m I wak up usually around 2:00 P.M. so I;ll start there.

2 p.m. - 6 whole eggs a cup of juice and a cup of oatmeal
3 p.m. - gym training
5 p.m. - post workout high carb protien shake (about 800 calories/ 80 grams of protein/100 grams of carbs/little fat)
6 p.m. - either 1 lb of steak, chicken or fish (any meat really as long as it contains approx. 70 - 100 grams protein) with wither rice or pasta
8 p.m. - protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein
8:30 - 10:00 nap - (usually)
10 p.m. - protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein
1 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.
4 a.m. 1 lb chicken breast blended with water to make a drinkable puree (I prepare this before work) with again either a drinkable yogurt or two small yogurt cups, a banana or other snack.
6:30 - usually get off work
7 p.m. protein shake with 2 cups milk and three scoops of protein

This is a standard day for me. For protein I switch between several different brands throughout the day. I currently use an EAS three part protein, optimum nutrition optimum whey and Muscle Milk. As far as the blended chicken, I boil 2 lbs of chicken in water before work for about 30 minutes. I then cool the chicken and place the 4 breast into a high powered blender filled to the 35 - 40 oz line with water. I blend the chicken on high until it becomes a medium consistency fluid that is drinkable (about a minute). Once done, the 2 lbs of chicken and water make about 40 oz of drinkable puree. I drink 20 oz for each of my two meals at work.

So there ya go!! Enjoy

Awesome Video!!!

Your daily diet would feed a small third-world country!!!! Your grocery bill must be outrageous!!!!

If you are not 120% committed to this lifestyle, you will never succeed. Way to be!!!:rock::rock:

ntw0rk said:
Awesome Video!!!

Your daily diet would feed a small third-world country!!!! Your grocery bill must be outrageous!!!!

If you are not 120% committed to this lifestyle, you will never succeed. Way to be!!!:rock::rock:
did you notice the cooler and gym bag in the bed of my truck at the GTG? I was surprised no one asked me about it!!

lbstone said:
I boil 2 lbs of chicken in water before work for about 30 minutes. I then cool the chicken and place the 4 breast into a high powered blender filled to the 35 - 40 oz line with water. I blend the chicken on high until it becomes a medium consistency fluid that is drinkable (about a minute).

So there ya go!! Enjoy

What's it taste like? and do you add anything to make it taste better? :D

Sharpi

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back