Another crazy idea....radiator relocation

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here I go again....lol. I just love outside of the box thinking...lol. So, in a previous thread of mine I touched on an idea a little...but now I am deep in thought about it. Figured I would share it with you all and see how crazy I am. What if a person were to relocate the radiator to where the spare tire is. I looked...there should be enough room. This is what I came up with pro/cons:

Pros:

Cleans up the front end, which means more direct air flow around the engine, and a possible straight shot CAI along with a better view of the V-10
Moves the radiator to a much cooler area of the vehicle
Makes it easy to mount an E-Fan
Moves all that weight to the rear

Cons:

Not sure if the stock waterpump would be strong enough to move the extra fluid all of that distance
Added total weight (though minimal) due to the extra tubing and fluid
Unless you could make a place up front, it would be a PITA to check/add fluid
Would an E-Fan be enough airflow to keep it cool since it will no longer be getting direct wind
Road debris....leaks

Add, comment, argue all you want....I appreciate the input. I may actually try this. (along with all my other crazy ideas)

Thats a crazy idea! :D

Personally think the only real plus would be weight distribution. Too many negatives to engineering it to work imo..

The engine would also be the high point then making "burping" the system more problematic.

Last edited:
been done.

if i can find the Hot Rod mag. its in, i'll post a photo

yep , its been done and its easy as i told you in the other thread... im not gonna post it all again here but ive done it.. worked like a charm.

been done.

if i can find the Hot Rod mag. its in, i'll post a photo

figures. can't find that truck to save my butt.

but it made the engine room look wide open. seems like he even moved the p/s pump to the bed & ran it off the drive shaft

but it made the engine room look wide open. seems like he even moved the p/s pump to the bed & ran it off the drive shaft

Wow....that is innovative (or however you spell that damn word)

What about the AC cooler and trans cooler? I looked and it seemed those, at the very least, could be moved lower to free up a little more air flow.

So you had no powersteering in parking lot manuevers where you need it most?!

OK..

Don't you think its about time to lose the antlers...its almost valentines day?!
Time to take down the tree and put away the lights...

:D

Hispanics leave the lights and decorations year round, saves time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back