any advice for a 2k mile roadtrip after delivery?

My opinion on break in periods is that they are for liability reasons. Engines this day in age are built to such high tolerances, I feel manufacturers recommend you take it easy on the motor for thje first few thousand miles so that if something catastrophic goes wrong, it wont happen at high RPM and high load causing lots of damage or worse, a total loss of the motor. I'm with the school of thought that recommends driving it hard. The only thing I do differently is take it easy for the first hundred miles or so and change the first oil at 1,000 miles. Maybe it's senseless but I feel good doing it!

Last edited:
FlyingLow said:
Or try some Yanni, I'm sure Sickness has a CD you could borrow.
Also, his Zamfir CD with the Pan (skin) Flute.

Attachments

• B000001F37.01._SS500_SCMZZZZZZZ_V1056629706_.jpg
    B000001F37.01._SS500_SCMZZZZZZZ_V1056629706_.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 17
we made it to KC safely :D

love the truck, looks mean as all get out and can hardly get 10 feet away from it without getting stopped with questions. Woodhouse got my magnaflow and xmetal drop kit on before delivery and it's amazing. I hadn't driven an RC before mine, just a QC, but the sound is much improved and the looks and handling provided by the drop kit are top notch! I can't harp enough on how great it was to deal with Bill Pemberton and everyone at Woodhouse. We were literally in and out in 5 minutes and everything was as agreed upon on the phone, the takeoff oem exhaust/suspension were boxed in the truck bed, and we were off down the road.

been keeping it under 4k and varying engine speed so far. Very impressed by how well mannered the v10 is when you want it to be. When I pass 500 mi tomorrow i'll prob start opening her up so more. If it's this much fun when i'm taking it easy, I can't wait to see what she can really do. :burnout:

couple nitpicks:

no locking tailgate?!? sheesh! I guess I'll be ordering a powergate asap. :) can anyone point me to a howto on installing it?

audio is pretty meh. the bass is good when cranked but the mid and treble are quite shallow and weirdly staged in the center of the cab instead of surrounding the listeners. what are the kick panel speakers, they seem to be more subs and not normal speakers?

we head off tomorrow around noon for a stop over at more family. we're taking pics along the way but prob wont get them up till we get home.

Dave T: We're coming through pretty late and are on a tight time schedule, so we'll have to pass on your offer this time. next time we're in the area! ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back