Any interest in the Drive-Shaft loops

Cherry Performance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack (Fatjack) asked me if I would make a Drive-shaft Loop. I built a mock-up and want to find out if there is any interest. This loop will only work for the RC. I will build a loop for the QC if you guys are interested in them also.

Jack (Fatjack) asked me if I would make a Drive-shaft Loop. I built a mock-up and want to find out if there is any interest. This loop will only work for the RC. I will build a loop for the QC if you guys are interested in them also.

Glad you are going for it Ron, We need one.:rock:

Here are some pictures of the loop. I made the loop adjustable so it can be placed in different locations.
DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

i would go for a pretty red one:rock::rock::rock:

Is the quad cab at risk for dropping a shaft as much as the rc? Seems to me that the qc has sort of a loop where the two shafts come together.

Is the quad cab at risk for dropping a shaft as much as the rc? Seems to me that the qc has sort of a loop where the two shafts come together.

that loop is what holds & mounts the carrier bearing.:rock:

still need one at the tranny.:rock:

that would be nasty to have 2 drivelines flyin around

If its bolt in and meet strips regs I would buy one forsure....unless the price was ungodly! I've seen the carnage of a driveshaft breaking and don't want anypart of that happening to me!

If its bolt in and meet strips regs I would buy one forsure....unless the price was ungodly! I've seen the carnage of a driveshaft breaking and don't want anypart of that happening to me!

All of the parts are made on 1/4" steel. The straps are 2" wide. Does anyone have the track rules on these:dontknow:

would they have to have an NHRA/IHRA thumbs up????

or just the race tracks specs. met????

Anyone got any pics they can post of what happens when a shaft goes? Maybe that would inspire more to jump in and get one! :D

All of the parts are made on 1/4" steel. The straps are 2" wide. Does anyone have the track rules on these:dontknow:

In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal
joint, all RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker with slicks and 11.49
or quicker with street tires must have a retainer loop 360 degrees
of enclosure, 1/4-inch minimum thickness and 2 inches wide, or
7/8-inch x .065-inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and
located within 6 inches of the front universal joint for support of the
driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Open drivelines passing any
part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inchminimum-
thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or
frame structure.

Latest posts

Support Us