Any news on Indy?

1Fast400 said:
Was he hit by a car? Did he just lay the scooter down?
I think he ran into a lady and got knocked off

From what I understand he crashed his scooter and hit his head on the pavement real hard. I believe they call blunt force impact. I didn't get to meet him because this happened before I got there, I sure hope he makes a full recovery.

Bill.

OCBob said:
Damn, I really hate hearing this. This has been like a black cloud hanging over me for the last couple of days, and we never even met. Get well Indy.

Bob, I feel the same way. I keep talking to my GF about it. Boomer thats a great idea.

Come on Indy, you gotta get better dude!

patrick

We are still praying daily for Phil. I am going to send a card to the Grant Medical Center address - thank you all for keeping us posted on this very serious tragedy.

Here is some info on a guy that had some pretty bad head trauma just a couple of months ago. He is now at home, and from what I hear doing pretty good. He is still not himself, most likely he never will be 100%, but he isn't doing bad. Just figured I would post this to give us all a little hope. The first link is to the main page for him, the second is for the archives of the daily updates that his Brother's provided. If you start at week 1 you will see that there were good days and bad, days with hope and some with what seemed like none.

http://www.sonsofsilencekansas.com/highside.htm

http://www.sonsofsilencekansas.com/highside/highside_copy(1).htm

Hey boomer, my wife and i would like to show up too, we got to meet him before the accedent and he is a real nice guy. Toledo is only 5 hrs away, or less

streetwedg

Hey Tim, (BlueSRT10)

I hate to even ask this question. I know how inflammatory the issue can be...

But was he wearing a helmut...........?

SD (Tim)

Silent D said:
Hey Tim, (BlueSRT10)

I hate to even ask this question. I know how inflammatory the issue can be...

But was he wearing a helmut...........?

SD (Tim)
No he was not Tim............:(

OCBob said:
Here is some info on a guy that had some pretty bad head trauma just a couple of months ago. He is now at home, and from what I hear doing pretty good. He is still not himself, most likely he never will be 100%, but he isn't doing bad. Just figured I would post this to give us all a little hope. The first link is to the main page for him, the second is for the archives of the daily updates that his Brother's provided. If you start at week 1 you will see that there were good days and bad, days with hope and some with what seemed like none.

http://www.sonsofsilencekansas.com/highside.htm

http://www.sonsofsilencekansas.com/highside/highside_copy(1).htm

We are still pulling for ya INDY here in Illinois....thoughts are with you and your family daily......Get well soon buddy, would like to meet ya down at Boomers....
Sorry to be off the subject here, but riding a bike myself and knowing the dangers. Hey OCBOB, you know many SONS...I have a few buddies here in town that belong to the club....Get well INDY!!!!!:rock:

bikertat said:
We are still pulling for ya INDY here in Illinois....thoughts are with you and your family daily......Get well soon buddy, would like to meet ya down at Boomers....
Sorry to be off the subject here, but riding a bike myself and knowing the dangers. Hey OCBOB, you know many SONS...I have a few buddies here in town that belong to the club....Get well INDY!!!!!:rock:
I know just a couple, and not real well. Good bunch of guys though.

Man this sucks...Head injuries are up and down as NBT said..My son has a friend who was on a bicycle, but standing in the street, and another kid on a bicycle came up and ran into him. He fell and whacked his head on the pavement. He got up, went home, and his mom drove him to the hospital. Within minutes of getting there he passed out, and went into a coma. He was out for about 2 weeks, He woke up, and long story short, he is now ok. He has some memory issues, and slightly slurred speach, but other than that is fine. I know he was young, and kids are resilient, but damn, it was just a freak thing.
Indy, we are pulling for a speedy recovery for you..

Wifey said:
We are still praying daily for Phil. I am going to send a card to the Grant Medical Center address - thank you all for keeping us posted on this very serious tragedy.

I am sure as NBT knows as well as I, for working at a Trauma Hospital, many people who have had serious head injuries can walk out of that hospital as normal as they were before the accident. I think the prayers and thoughts being sent Indy's way is going to help BIG time. There have been MANY unexplainable things happen here at OUR hospital that our Doctor's cannot explain and believe it to be because of prayer (NO other explanantion).:p .

:) We are praying for you every day Indy.

Mrs.Sickness said:
I am sure as NBT knows as well as I, for working at a Trauma Hospital, many people who have had serious head injuries can walk out of that hospital as normal as they were before the accident. I think the prayers and thoughts being sent Indy's way is going to help BIG time. There have been MANY unexplainable things happen here at OUR hospital that our Doctor's cannot explain and believe it to be because of prayer (NO other explanantion).:p .

You are a FIRST CLASS WOMEN......and I agree with you.....give that big lug a hug...:):).....then turn him around and kick him in the ass...:)

God Bless Indy he needs your help.

Walt

Mrs.Sickness said:

Could not agree more....:)

Yes, have seen it myself...people you know should be dead....

Discharged :dontknow::D

Well I know I just met him but he is very personable. He and bone had already crashed earlier that morning. They went to the medics and they bandaged them up. They came back and fixed the medics some lunch and my kids carried it to them on the golf cart. Get well soon Phil!

Hey Indy.....when you get better, trade that silver truck for a red one !

Need to stay upbeat......boomer give him some more hell would you. You speak Hoosier.....tell that guy we need his arse back

Hope Phil has a speedy recovery. My Father had a head injury about 5 years ago. Two bruises on his frontal lobe and one bruise above his right temple. He was in intensive care for 2 months. When he did get to the hosiptal they had to revive him twice. After the doctors did all their tests and such they said he would never talk, eat like we do(tube fed), couldn't swallow, might not ever walk again, it was extremly heart-breaking. Oh and he was 77 years old then. Today you would never really know how bad off he was. He does EVERYTHING again. At 82, heck he is still driving, YIKES!! Yea somedays he is alittle 'off', otherwise he is doing great. Those same doctors are amazed, as am I. So what "force" lead him to recover so well??? Besides his own determenation, I'm sure it was all concerned with positive hope and prayer.
So to Phil, get well soon my friend and I will keep you in our familys thoughts and prayer.

Well, it's midnight and no call from the family yet. Then again, they don't know me from a stone in the street. I will try an afternoon visit tomorrow and hopefully catch the family. Visiting hours, esp. in the ICU, are really kooky- something like, 9AM-11AM, 2:18PM-4:34PM, 8PM-9:04PM. Odd.

As I was writing my note to the family at the nurse's station, I did a quick glance to my right and noticed Phil there in the large ICU room. He was asleep and looked like he was resting comfortably in those slick hospital PJ's. There were plenty of machines hooked up to him, all blinking and beeping a steady rhythm. I didn't notice anything extraordinary, but I only got a quick glimpse. I really didn't want to push my luck with the nurses and/or the family: "There was this creepy guy here earlier...".

I left my business card with my cell number circled (in red ink) and put "www.VTCOA.com" on the back.

I hope to meet up with the family sometime before he's transferred to Indianapolis.
Updates when I get news.

P.S.- I first went to the wrong hospital, and asked for "Phil Smith". Coincidentally, there *was* a Phil Smith at that hospital, and he'd been transferred the day before!
Not sure if it's some kind of sign, but both Phils were admitted to the two different hospitals on Friday. Weird.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back