Anybody know if the 06 key can be made for an 05?

i bet if you went to a local dealership and told them what you wanted to do i believe they could pull it off for a hefty price

crazysrt said:
i bet if you went to a local dealership and told them what you wanted to do i believe they could pull it off for a hefty price

Thats my question. If they have our clicker #, they might be able to program a 06 key!!!:idea:

BDIA, we need you bro!!!!!

patrick

Rolex Dr. said:
Kalani

i noticed your YF is 471/500 thats odd according to asc the RC were 1-201/500

hmmmmmm

no worries just odd

I know - weird but true!!

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats my question. If they have our clicker #, they might be able to program a 06 key!!!:idea:

BDIA, we need you bro!!!!!

patrick

Huh What??? I have been out of it for a couple days!

BDIA

azpyroguy said:
Yes, our 06 keys have a RF Coil and Chip inside them that work with the Sentry Gard Anti Theft system, basically if any of you have a proximity badge at work to open doors, these keys work verysimilar.

The steering column when the key is inserted emits a very small amount of RF Power, and when the key receives this power "it responds" when a code "to open the ignition circuit"

The "clicker" portion works separatley.

But both the "clicker" and RF system are built into the keys.. so my guess would be that these keys would not work with the 05's and earlier...

Here are some pics..

key-outside1.jpg

key-outide2.jpg

key-inside.jpg

BDIA can you get a 06 key and program it to work in my 04. I want to eliminate the giant ass clicker deal off my keychain?

patrick

Cant we just remove our 04/05 chip and place it in that 06 compartment?? Then have the remote re-programmed?

actually, when I got a new remote for my truck all they did was plug some hand held computer thing into my truck, hit a few buttons, hit the new remote button, and bam it worked. so I'm guessing that the same can be done with the built in remote as well.

but gawd, that's a HUGE ugly key!! I like my S4 key, it folds up like a switchblade :-D

spdrcrj said:
What is "the viper key mod"? I did a search for this and nothing came up.

thanks,
Jim

Its on the old site. PM me if you can't find it and need the info. It's an easy job, and I have a picture of it somewhere.

Stretch

amoparman said:
Its on the old site. PM me if you can't find it and need the info. It's an easy job, and I have a picture of it somewhere.

Stretch
ThankSs Stretch.:burnout:

I have asked the dealership about it before... The 06 keys will NOT work on our 05's and lower trucks... I have an 06 Commander with that key, and I LOVE it!!! I tried like hell to get one for my truck, even went to three different dealerships asking about it, but everyone told me the same answere... NO NO and NO!!!

We will just have to wait until Kevin (BDIA) works up some of his magic and makes it possible!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back