Anybody plastidip their rims?

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...has anybody used plastidip on their rims? Did it look good? Was it as easy as it seems? How long has it lasted? Any downsides? Any upsides? Pics? Thanks for any help!

I have been wanting to do the same thing, saw some people had done it with excellent results initially. I was more interested in the long term quality.

Yeah....it looks great from some vids I have watched but I am wondering how long it lasts and how tuff it is.

i did mine and beside some touch up they still look great, I dont have the SRTs on my truck but the plasti-dip has help up very well and the only touch up I have done is after I get the tires balanced and rotated, if the guy happens to ding them up.

i did mine and beside some touch up they still look great, I dont have the SRTs on my truck but the plasti-dip has help up very well and the only touch up I have done is after I get the tires balanced and rotated, if the guy happens to ding them up.

That's good to hear! Found this video interesting (though very lengthy and boring at first): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uT4dTMUEA]PlastiDip Your Entire Car - NEW Sprayer - Pro Car Kit from DipYourCar - Matte Black GTI - YouTube[/ame]

Winter wheels

I have an extra set of srt rims with scratches that i use as winter set up. Those rims are plastdip painted. Well the front of the rims are. For the back i used regular black satin paint because plastidip is expensive. The result is good but the cans don't make it an easy spray job. You need to lay lot's of very thin layers. If you can use a paintgun it might be better.
For now it hold on very well. We will see for next winter.
Oh yeah, i also needed to do a touch up. That is so easy with plastdip.

I heard it doesn't last long but on the plus side of things is that it comes off very easy. I'm thinking of using it just for that reason. If I don't like it, it will peel off with no issues I heard

I did mine and love them. I did it in Oct-Nov and they still look good. I have taken the truck thru the "soft touch" car wash many times, 10-15 maybe. I plasti-dip'ed the inside and outside, used 6 cans. Since these pictures I've added black lugnuts

VPRRAM

Attachments

• wheels 072.jpg
    wheels 072.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 22,614
  • wheels 080.jpg
    wheels 080.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 3,633
Yeh I did mine a month or so ago. Did the grill too. I hand wash and the texture felt weird like it was gonna peel off but it didn't.. If I wasn't on my mobile I would post pics but I put em on here somewheres. Super easy, and keeps the stockers protected IMHO

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back