Anyone else get a bearing recall today?

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a recall notice telling me that the front wheel bearings on my Dodge Ram 1500 may not have had enough grease put in them at the factory... I know that my truck is built on that frame but do you think this applies to my SRT10?

Tom,
Yeah, I got a notice too. The one I received had the vin for my SRT 10 in the body of the letter.
It makes for a bit of confusion when they call these 1500 series, when the 06's are built on a 2500-3500 frame.
I'm gonna take mine in and let them check it anyway.

Silverback,
My recall notice states that it is for the 2006 model year 1500 Series pickup trucks.
No build dates or other years mentioned.

It just says "2006 model year Dodge Ram 1500 series pick up trucks"...

Can anyone give me a recall number.....?

...and does this also apply to '04s...?

Django

It says "SAFETY RECALL G02 - FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS"

The recall number is RC-G02-07 and vehicles built from Nov 9 2005 through April 27 2006 are included. Both bucke77 and I can run the VIN's to check for the recall.

Hey Stingray, I took my Yukon in for inspection, mentioned in passing the steering shaft, and even though I was out of warranty (39000 mi) they replaced the upper shaft on "good will". I'm guessing that's not the fix you were talking about GM developing, but, it feels great. How many miles do you think before this all starts again? Should I exercise the shaft (sounds filthy) as per your e-mail instructions,(thanks again) at any specific intervals?

joemags54 said:
Hey Stingray, I took my Yukon in for inspection, mentioned in passing the steering shaft, and even though I was out of warranty (39000 mi) they replaced the upper shaft on "good will". I'm guessing that's not the fix you were talking about GM developing, but, it feels great. How many miles do you think before this all starts again? Should I exercise the shaft (sounds filthy) as per your e-mail instructions,(thanks again) at any specific intervals?
That shaft you received should be the latest and greatest one out now. It was just recently released after my PM's to you. Only time will tell if those new shafts will hold up.

I think we just hijacked this thread :eek:

Back on topic, not all of the vehicles involved with the recall will need the hubs replaced. Date codes will be inspected first.

Here's my VIN # 3D3HA18H55G740296, I have not recevied a notice (yet anyway) but if you guys are looking them up, I'd appreciate it if you look mine up too and let me know.

I called the stealership and asked them about this bearing recall and if it applied to my 06 SRT-10. They said its not for the SRT-10s

Typical stealership bullshit, mine is at the dealer now for a slipping tranny and I get the usual bs call that they can't find anything wrong and it seems its ok after a computer update well unfortunately I know thats a crock cause my stock PCM was in there for the first 2 weeks I owned the truck and then the last 3-4 days. Either way they had to order me a dash trim bezel since mine had a scratch in it since it was new and i'll be back there in a week so I guess I'll be dropping her back off to them then! :mad: ... I carried on about band adjustment and shit but of course they always have a phuckin answer!

My truck was in for regular fluid service this week when I got the postcard.

My dealer changed both the front wheel bearings on my truck under warranty.

-- charles

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back