Anyone familiar with this Ram

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking at buying something to pull my boat without spending a lot of money. I found this 97 4x4 ram 2500 with 120k. It has the cast iron v10 and this thing is so clean u can eat off the underside absolutely anywhere. No rust or dirt. Literally almost show room. The interior is a 9.5 out of 10 and not a dent on the body. New dash and whole a/c was replaced in 2012. New shocks, brakes and tune up. Not a drop of fluid leaking from anywhere. Any advice and is there any bad reviews on this motor? Thanks

sounds like a done deal:rock::D

only thing i have heard of the iron V-10 is high torque & low fuel mileage, lol

Person is asking $4400. Does that sound right? It's a regular cab.

Friend of mine had a 94 2500 reg cab 4X4 he traded on an 03 Hemi just because they changed the body style. If I had the cash I would have bought it! Truck only had 30,000 miles & was never used to tow. He was disappointed with the Hemi performance compared to the V10. He said you have to rev the Hemi to get any kind of power out of it. Told him what do you expect trade the big block for a small block.

Small world!!! Do you guys remember the thread that was started about a guy who bought an srt10 that had issues with the vin and turned out that it was stolen? This is the guy selling this truck. Truck seemed clean and straight. Kinda don't like that you can't make sharp turns while in 4 wheel drive. Should I be concerned with that? You can turn fine supposedly on loose road but on asphalt you have to do a three point turn.

Small world!!! Do you guys remember the thread that was started about a guy who bought an srt10 that had issues with the vin and turned out that it was stolen? This is the guy selling this truck. Truck seemed clean and straight. Kinda don't like that you can't make sharp turns while in 4 wheel drive. Should I be concerned with that? You can turn fine supposedly on loose road but on asphalt you have to do a three point turn.

On any surface or just dry pavement? Every 4wd I have ever owned it is very difficult to make hard turns on dry pavement in 4wd. If it is on any surface the front axle joints most likely are binding and will require replacement.

Well I didn't try it on dirt only asphalt. I know on asphalt it really wobbled and almost felt like stalling when trying to make a sharp u turn. Front end grabbed real hard, sunk down and wobbled. I was going very slow when it happened. I mean don't get me wrong. The truck feels solid and drives straight with no vibrations. In 2 wheel drive u don't have any issues turning.

Last edited:
Well I didn't try it on dirt only asphalt. I know on asphalt it really wobbled and almost felt like stalling when trying to make a sharp u turn. Front end grabbed real hard, sunk down and wobbled. I was going very slow when it happened

Sounds normal to me but I would have someone or yourself check the front axle joints.

Sounds normal to me but I would have someone or yourself check the front axle joints.
I mean don't get me wrong. The truck feels solid and drives straight with no vibrations. In 2 wheel drive u don't have any issues turning.

I mean don't get me wrong. The truck feels solid and drives straight with no vibrations. In 2 wheel drive u don't have any issues turning.

Friend of mine had a 94 2500 reg cab 4X4 he traded on an 03 Hemi just because they changed the body style. If I had the cash I would have bought it! Truck only had 30,000 miles & was never used to tow. He was disappointed with the Hemi performance compared to the V10. He said you have to rev the Hemi to get any kind of power out of it. Told him what do you expect trade the big block for a small block.

Big block?? The cast iron v10 and the aluminum v10 are actually LA series small blocks, with the same bore spacing and the bore diameter of a 360...:D:D

Big block?? The cast iron v10 and the aluminum v10 are actually LA series small blocks, with the same bore spacing and the bore diameter of a 360...:D:D

We'll the largest gas engine in the line up. So like a 360 with 2 extra cylinders then?

Put one front tire against something & see if it will climb up in 4Low. That will tell you it's working

come to think of it mine did the same thing on asphalt and mine only had 32,000 miles on it when i sold it. i think the front axles are binding because of the different wheel speeds in a tight corner. something to do with the anti-slip diff.?

Attachments

• DSC00882.jpg
    DSC00882.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back