Anyone familiar with this Ram

come to think of it mine did the same thing on asphalt and mine only had 32,000 miles on it when i sold it. i think the front axles are binding because of the different wheel speeds in a tight corner. something to do with the anti-slip diff.?

Even without a limited slip a 4wd vehicle in 4wd on dry pavement will do this.

Had a 2001 with the V-10 Magnum. Great for pulling my travel trailer & 4X4'ing. If I had to pull something I would look at buying another one. 300HP, I can't remember what the torque was.

Most 4X4 Dodge trucks have that problematic vacuum disconnect front axle. It connects and disconnects the two halves of right side axle. This keeps the driveshaft, ring & pinion from turning with the front tires. The spider gears & axles will still spin no matter what.

We'll the largest gas engine in the line up. So like a 360 with 2 extra cylinders then?

Yes that would be correct....Back when Ma Mopar owned a lil performance company called GINI..They worked closely with Chrysler to develop the small bore alum v10...Chryslers small block technology worked and was proven why change it/? I call it the LA V10- not sure if anybody else does :dontknow:

come to think of it mine did the same thing on asphalt and mine only had 32,000 miles on it when i sold it. i think the front axles are binding because of the different wheel speeds in a tight corner. something to do with the anti-slip diff.?

Was this supercharged? Pretty sure You sold it to my buddy colt.

Last edited:
Had a 2001 with the V-10 Magnum. Great for pulling my travel trailer & 4X4'ing. If I had to pull something I would look at buying another one. 300HP, I can't remember what the torque was.
actually depends on where you read up but it says anywhere from 300-310 hp and 450ft llbs. Towing capacity is 13,200lbs

Yes that would be correct....Back when Ma Mopar owned a lil performance company called GINI..They worked closely with Chrysler to develop the small bore alum v10...Chryslers small block technology worked and was proven why change it/? I call it the LA V10- not sure if anybody else does :dontknow:

Always glad to learn something, thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back