Anyone know what a Chrysler/Dodge 1B Unit is??

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was looking at a srt-10 for sale on the internet from a chrysler/Dodge dealer and the add states that the truck is a official chrysler/dodge 1B unit. Anyone know if that stands for a possible manufacturer demo vehicle, etc?? I wasnt sure and was unsuccessful contacting someone at the dealership to answer my question. Thanks for any info you can provide. I just wanted to know what it all means before I work a deal on the truck. Thanks:rock:

never heard of a 1b unless its a sales code but even the sales codes are diffrent.

VAViperPower said:
Hey everyone,
I was looking at a srt-10 for sale on the internet from a chrysler/Dodge dealer and the add states that the truck is a official chrysler/dodge 1B unit. Anyone know if that stands for a possible manufacturer demo vehicle, etc?? I wasnt sure and was unsuccessful contacting someone at the dealership to answer my question. Thanks for any info you can provide. I just wanted to know what it all means before I work a deal on the truck. Thanks:rock:

Got an example/link for us? :confused: :)

As Dragon said, it may be a sales code that, that one particular dealer uses.

I finally heard back from the dealer selling this new truck thats a 1B unit truck. The 1B designator signifies that there was some abnormality/defect that was found during the production of the truck on the assembly line at the factory. The problem, whatever it is, is corrected before the truck leaves the factory then the manufacturer is required to disclose the problem and what it took to fix it. Then the vehicle is sold at a dealer marked as a 1B unit and at a reduced price compared to another brand new SRT-10.

VAViperPower said:
I finally heard back from the dealer selling this new truck thats a 1B unit truck. The 1B designator signifies that there was some abnormality/defect that was found during the production of the truck on the assembly line at the factory. The problem, whatever it is, is corrected before the truck leaves the factory then the manufacturer is required to disclose the problem and what it took to fix it. Then the vehicle is sold at a dealer marked as a 1B unit and at a reduced price compared to another brand new SRT-10.

Cool thanks for the info.

VAViperPower said:

Is this information required to be given by a Dealer to the Purchaser? :dontknow:

Yes, the info is required per the Daimler Chrysler Disclosure Notice to be provided to the purchaser of the vehicle. The dealer faxed me a copy of the damage disclosure on the truck i was looking at. Looks like it got the drivers side fender and door damaged/dented as the truck was going down the assembly line in wild, wonderful Mexico!! Atleast Chrysler was honest enough and got everything replaced before it left the assembly line. Im gonna try and beat the dealer up and get more savings for it being a 1B unit. I need to visually see the truck and make sure everything fits right even though it was a slight dent and required both body panels to be changed out. I will let you know how it goes.

I dont think that all states are required to show damage disclosers, it depends on what your state laws are.

I got the paperwork from Daimler Chrysler and the dealer selling the srt-10 . It looks like it is their company policy to disclose any minor or major damage that happened while at the factory or during transport, thus the vehicle will be sold to the public as a 1B Unit at a reduced price. Otherwise, if they didnt do that then you would never know since the carfax only reports accident/incidents after the first owner/operator takes delivery and registers the vehicle.

:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back