Anyone remove the leak detection pump, charcoal canister and junk by gas tank?

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Wanting to clean up my underside a lil as well as the engine bay but not sure about removing the charcoal canister/leak detection setup by the gas tank? Has anyone done this and if so how? I don't want check engine lights so can Torrie tune this out? Any info is appreciated:D
Thanks

I did, and you will always have a check engine light afterwards. There is no way around it.

Knew I shoulda just PMd you again, lol!!:D
Yeah, I don't like the valve up front by the fusebox, nor the lines from the intake to the big heavy system of crap by the gas tank.:D
Can you share with me any info on plugging off whatever needs be, or any assistance in removing this extra weight ;)

You should be able tune it to disable the evap and purge monitor.

Kinda what I was hoping. I know on GM and Ford I can turn off those things VIA HPtuners or EFILIVE:dontknow:
Like I've heard from others, I'm positive the marine applications don't use this and not sure the Viepr cars use it either?

I removed my canister underneither box but plugged the sensor back in and tucked it up under the frame rail. out of sight out of mind and i havent got a check engine light yet....

I was also wondering if it was done yet. I am putting my winter mod list together and weight reduction is on the list so anything I can get rid of would be nice.

I was also wondering if it was done yet. I am putting my winter mod list together and weight reduction is on the list so anything I can get rid of would be nice.

Contact Justin ( ARRESTmeRed04) via PM. He is the guru on how to turn our portly muscle beasts into less portly muscle beasts.

Contact Justin ( ARRESTmeRed04) via PM. He is the guru on how to turn our portly muscle beasts into less portly muscle beasts.

I will do that, thanks Chris.

I removed my canister underneither box but plugged the sensor back in and tucked it up under the frame rail. out of sight out of mind and i havent got a check engine light yet....

So you just kept all electrical plugs connected and didn't get a check engine light without having to tune anything out?

Great, this project has been added to my winter list.

Sweet and I have that useless vibration damper on the back of my trans too so that's gone.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back