Anyone remove the leak detection pump, charcoal canister and junk by gas tank?

And while you are at it, a pic of the lines you plugged. You left a vent line right?
:D

And while you are at it, a pic of the lines you plugged. You left a vent line right?
:D

There are no lines that need to be plugged. If i remember correctly there were two lines in the engine bay that i removed and just left the module plugged in. Those two lines i believe went down to the tank/evap pump and i removed both of those also. Then i pulled the sensor off the pump and plugged just that sensor back in. The gas tank has two lines on the top. the big one is the fill neck, the little one next to it is a breather and neither of those will be touched while removing your evap tank/pump

lets see.....

PRO.....

stay legal, start throwin parts at her, hope it works & bang head against hard object repeatedly.

CON.....

become EPA illegal, save weight, clean her up abit, would not surprise me if it helped fuel mileage & have a state inspetion go smooth for a change.

man, will have to think on this one abit

I did the mod today and it looks way cleaner without all that crap. The hardest part was removing the lines from the clips next to the trans. I got no check engine light and I used a vacuum cap to block off the port under the TB of my '04 intake manifold.

I did the mod today and it looks way cleaner without all that crap. The hardest part was removing the lines from the clips next to the trans. I got no check engine light and I used a vacuum cap to block off the port under the TB of my '04 intake manifold.

Good to know, how much weight did it save and....
:needpics:

Let's go with the pics, I'm contemplating tackling this today.

No more clutter...
67544194.jpg

By sloyola at 2012-09-15

Looks more parallel:
54435533.jpg

By sloyola at 2012-09-15

Now I can see the lower JTSVP P/S line :)
74995996.jpg

By sloyola at 2012-09-15

Last edited:
that is nice:rock::rock::rock:

Looks great Sergio.

This is what is left underneath. I gutted the mount that used to hold all that crap for further weight reduction reduction and painted it. The wiring for the plug used to clip on to the lines that were removed. Luckily the fuel line is the same size and is routed in the same area, the wiring clips right on to it and everything looks factory. Again, the hardest part is removing the lines from the clips next to the trans, I used a bolt cutter to cut the lines in two and ease removal.

0000580.jpg

By sloyola at 2012-09-15

0000581.jpg

By sloyola at 2012-09-15

man, that is nice:rock::rock::rock:

be interestin to see if it helps or hurts fuel mileage & any possibile performance "help":D

Last edited:
It seems to whistle(as in air sucking in) more under part throttle from around 1,500-2,200 rpm. The intake manifold used to suck in fumes all the way from the fuel tank, now the port on the intake manifold is plugged so it just gets fresh/clean air. But hey, it could just be my imagination. I don't see how it could hurt fuel mileage.

finished it up today....i also found my idle problem (broken vacuum line). truck runs great now. the only thing i did different was t3he way i mounted the valve. i bent the bracket a little..looks better this way ...total weight of everything was 13 lbs..
IMAG0198_zps905cd41d.jpg

IMAG0202_zpsb82f6258.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back