anyone running a flash with their Paxton

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I need a PCM flash on my Paxton reg cab. Dan at DC thinks its needed and will help my WOT 1-3 gear fuel mixture and more power in the lower rpm bands. The "other" dealership doesnt think it will do anything.

Is anyone with a Paxton running the stock PCM with Paxtons split second hardware.

"the other dealership" IS A BUNCH OF MORONS! Thats why you r losing to stock trucks my brudda! Dan has helped me immensely.....I trust him....I advise u to trust him....as your attorney...:)

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I'm trying to figure out if I need a PCM flash on my Paxton reg cab. Dan at DC thinks its needed and will help my WOT 1-3 gear fuel mixture and more power in the lower rpm bands. The "other" dealership doesnt think it will do anything.

Is anyone with a Paxton running the stock PCM with Paxtons split second hardware.
dcperformance inc. :rock:

You'll be HAPPY!

Dan Cragin
President
DC Performance Inc.

3370 S. Livonia Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Tel: 310-841-6996
Fax: 310-841-6496
Toll Free: 800-841-8979

tell'em Jerry sent you..........

Quick

I've left dan at least 2 or 3 e-mails and I called and left a message with him yesterday. Havent heard back. Is this typical? We e-mailed back and forth earlier last week. I'm anxious to get this thing running the way it should be. If you guys talk to Dan let him know I left a message with him and several e-mails. I have credit card ready.

Yea, got a call back from Dan. You guys need to give him a break with all your trucks in his shop :)

He's gonna check inventory and hopefully overnight the new computer/flash/thermostat to me tonight or tomorrow. He added that I should feel a noticeable improvement in power down low all the way through boost. I cant wait!!! The truck will finally perform like a 13 second truck should...not a 15 second truck. My 1/4 speeds should go from 100mph to 113mph or so. Thats gotta feel good in a quarter mile :)

Damn it feels good to be a gangster :) Please let this be a turnaround of luck on what has been a stressful several months from engines blowing to a large bill to get it fixed to a less then impressive 15 second 1/4 mile run in which a stock truck beats me.

Last edited:
Holy crap...I thought you already had Dan's blower flash.....:confused: ....man you are about to be very happy...

As far as E-mails...if you do not put a subject in I think their system send the E-mail to the Bulk (spam) file...I call talk to Tony or Dan and presto....

No, I didnt have the flash. They dont have any in stock right now, they expect to ship it out early next week. I'm giddy right now with excitement about how the trucks performance will improve. In fact, I dont plan on selling it. Now that I say that, someone just called on the phone asking about the truck. Figures.

Just got home and found to my delight a box with my new PCM with blower flash and thermostat. I'm gonna try and do some g-tech 0-60 and some non g-tech 0-80mph or so runs with my current configuration then install Dans goodies and re-do the same runs. I hope to see some noticable improvements.

Any tips on installing the thermostat and new pcm? This is my first time doing something like this. Any special tools or additional items I may need when installing the thermostat. Any special on/off thingies with the pcm. All I know right now is to disconnect the battery.

Last edited:
Just disconnect the battery,,the PCM is on the firewall on the passenger side there are three screws holding it in place 2 on top one on the bottom unplug the wires plug the new one in and you are good to go ..as far as the t-stat goes there are 4 bolts holding it in the only one that is kida a bitch is on the bottom left same game pull the old one out put the new one in bleed the system there is a bleeder on the top of the t-stat housing loosen let any air excape then you are good to go .

Is there a gasket that goes with the thermostat or do I just take out the old one and put in the new one?

you can reuse the factory gasket but if you have a new one I would go ahead and put it in

Thanks, it didnt come with one so I'll see if I can get one locally. Does NAPA carry gaskets for V10 thermostats?

Dave, it's just a rubber gasket that fits into a groove in the T stat housing, if you don't damage it when taking off the housing just reuse it maybe a thin coat of permatex to be safe, big difference with blower flash, I personally believe it is a must have item with a paxton, just disconnect neg terminal and bleed the coolant system, then take it out and stomp on it, I could be wrong but I believe the computer adjusts according to your driving

Thanks for all the help guys, I really hope this is the fix. I'm off next tuesday and wednesday and weather permitting will take the truck back to Bandimere for test n tune night. I'm gonna run some 0-whatever speed runs saturday with a stopwatch then replace the thermostat and computer sunday morning then do the same runs over the same area and see what the difference is. Please let this be the fix. If it is, I'll shoot for Bandimere wednesday night and see what happens. thanks again.

Take the bottom screw out first on the PCM. Be sure to disconnect the battery also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back