qc in talahasse fl has a manual in a qc conversion henessey TT
RC in miami has a turbo 350 conversion TT
RC in fayetville with a 48re conversion
RC in maiden with a48re conversion
QC in pa with a manual conversion

fstjack has an turbo 350 conversion
dom if not mistaken a 350 conversion
carl has a 4l80e conversion
qc in talahasse fl has a manual in a qc conversion henessey TTRC in miami has a turbo 350 conversion TT
RC in fayetville with a 48re conversion
RC in maiden with a48re conversion
QC in pa with a manual conversion

Really? Never heard of them or seen them? You forgot to add mine to your list? I searched for years before doing mine and nobody on the net or in person had ever seen or done it and now there are 3? For now I still call mine 1 of 1 until I see others, lol:elefant:

What I have found out so far. The 06 flex plate has the dowel hole in the wrong place AND the center hole is to large for the crank snout. They got a diesel flex plate and it had no dowel hole and the center hole was to small for the crank snout.
The transmission[six spd] has no hole for mounting a crank sensor and there was not one seen anywhere on the block flange. Does anyone know the location of the crank sensor on an 04?
We have the complete engine/trans wiring harness from the 06, Tony says we will need the entire dash wiring harness also, or use a stand alone trans controller. I also have the computer module from an auto QC.
Checking out a couple of more leads.
Fastlane505- what is the significance of the 2:00 or 4:50 mark? That we should be looking for? On the crank,flex,flywheel,block,bell housing? Is it a post/thread?

Crank sensor on 04' is on the bellhousing and picks up signal from the flywheel! Your flexplate WILL NOT have this option as there was never an 04 auto. In 05' and 06' models the crankshaft itself has a reluctor ring on it and the crank sensor is in the pass side of the block by oil pan. Stand alone tranny controller is gonna be your best bet, or turbo 400/350 that needs no computer input:rock:

Really? Never heard of them or seen them? You forgot to add mine to your list? I searched for years before doing mine and nobody on the net or in person had ever seen or done it and now there are 3? For now I still call mine 1 of 1 until I see others, lol:elefant:

haha venomcooch!!! You're not the only one out there. But, you know to me, you're still special. :p

Crank sensor mystery

Crank sensor on 04' is on the bellhousing and picks up signal from the flywheel! Your flexplate WILL NOT have this option as there was never an 04 auto. In 05' and 06' models the crankshaft itself has a reluctor ring on it and the crank sensor is in the pass side of the block by oil pan. Stand alone tranny controller is gonna be your best bet, or turbo 400/350 that needs no computer input:rock:

The six spd. is on the ground, no wires were connected to it, no holes for a sensor to be installed found anywhere on the bell housing. I will do a further inspection of the pass. side of the block by the oil pan, just in case.

Got your email

I jsut put an 06 auto in my own 04 rc, the flywheel is a trick, but the wiring harness from an 05/06 will not work with the 04 unless you totally rewire it, the stand alone includes a valve body and is about 2 grand

the 04 crank is different it has no pickup on the crank but off the flexplate, the 05/06 is off the crank which can be easily rewired, but to use the 04 block you have to make your own pickup,
replied to your email, but to put this set up in an 04 can be quit a bitch, easily done, but a aggrivation to a certain extent.
could go into more detail , but left you my number, sorry at the moment pulling doubles, gotta grab a couple hours sleep
lata

Tony, It sounded like you were already to the max, with the move so I didn't want to push. What did you use for a flex plate? As per my above reply, no crank sensor on the bell housing. Will seach more, but for certain no wires from the bell housing on this truck.

Tony, It sounded like you were already to the max, with the move so I didn't want to push. What did you use for a flex plate? As per my above reply, no crank sensor on the bell housing. Will seach more, but for certain no wires from the bell housing on this truck.

Ok, I am not positive as I do not own an 04' but I do know 05 and 06 are on the side of the block and the reluctor ring is prolly in the middle of the crank.
On your 04 it should be in the vicinity of the bellhousing area, likely on the block itself near the bellhousing. The sensor will have one bolt holding it in place I believe and 2 wires on the plug. It's simply a magnetic pickup sensor. It would be the only sensor back there I'd think.:dontknow:

I am man, 20 a day at the moment, but getting closer, but please dont hesitate to call man, but shot you another email, now on the 04 the crank trigger is on the passenger side of the rear of the engine block, looking from underneath you should see one small sensor mounted there, it picks up off the outside of the ring.
the 05 engines they have the ring on the crank, it will be mounted on the side of the middle of the block, around the engine mount area.

now you can put the pickup anywhere that it needs to be, but shoot me a phone call and will guide you thru boss,

thats the easy part, the rest will be controlling the trans itself

the 04 harness connectors are different from 05/06 and will not mate up, so there lies your biggest problem

I went to a standalone controller, that way it controlls the tranny , shift points, line pressure, manual shifting so forth, but will give you more details in the phone call sir

I know which one venomous is talking about ill snap a picture when i get to the house.

Thanks, that will help alot. Tony chimed in and has let me know where to be looking also. Seeing a photo of what I am looking to see, will be nice.

DSC00025.jpg

best one i could get, front side of the engine bellhousing on the passenger sid about half way up the engine, god i really need to yank them headers off and have them recoated:mad: or sell them and go turbo:dontknow::drool:

DSC00025.jpg

best one i could get, front side of the engine bellhousing on the passenger sid about half way up the engine, god i really need to yank them headers off and have them recoated:mad: or sell them and go turbo:dontknow::drool:

That's great thanks, I'll be looking for it. Dan

No Flex plate

Well, so far, no flex plate. The 04 block is different with the crank trigger off the flywheel. The crank center hub is a smaller diameter.
Tony has done it on his 04, I have to call him back and check on what his machinists can do. Spoke with John at Donato Eng., he has nothing available. Reactor Prod. say they can make something up, if I send them the flywheel.
It makes it more difficult when it is only a one year item, not to much demand. The difficulty is in the crank trigger, probably why Dodge didn't do an auto until they changed the block.
We should probably just look at doing a front mounted crank trigger. Might be an easier result.

And I would love to have an auto in my RC (not the auto, a bullet proof auto).

The grass is always greener...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back