Automatic floor shifter install

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some pic's of my hurst floor shifter install.Model 383-8510

It took about 5 hours,but that includes all the trips to the fridge and bathroom.

The PRND21 indicator works fine as well as the starter lockout and reverse lights without hooking up the shifter switches.:rock:

About 4 cable adjustments had everything working.

And as the last 2 pic's show the drink holders still clear easily.

And if anyone from hurst is here,your installation guide needs work.:argh:

Also Amazon has them for $199.40 right now.

Just do a search for 383-8510

Attachments

• Shifter 003.JPG
    Shifter 003.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Shifter 004.JPG
    Shifter 004.JPG
    681.7 KB · Views: 2,171
  • Shifter 005.JPG
    Shifter 005.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 3,612
  • Shifter 008.JPG
    Shifter 008.JPG
    742.3 KB · Views: 1,305
  • Shifter 009.JPG
    Shifter 009.JPG
    696.7 KB · Views: 3,227
  • Shifter 010.JPG
    Shifter 010.JPG
    647.7 KB · Views: 9,509
  • Shifter 011.JPG
    Shifter 011.JPG
    635.5 KB · Views: 2,313
  • Shifter 013.JPG
    Shifter 013.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 2,163
  • Shifter 014.JPG
    Shifter 014.JPG
    727.5 KB · Views: 970
  • Shifter 015.JPG
    Shifter 015.JPG
    710 KB · Views: 14,487
Yippers same one i did on wifes QC, Killer job sir:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

pop out the end of the oem lever and you can install the tow haul button whereever ya want.

then you can remove the oem lever , and if so inclined.......buy the RC steering shaft cover:rock:

Looks sweet bro:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Nice job. :congrats: Can you swap out the shifter knob, maybe for something a little more personable?

Stinker said:
Yippers same one i did on wifes QC, Killer job sir:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

pop out the end of the oem lever and you can install the tow haul button whereever ya want.

then you can remove the oem lever , and if so inclined.......buy the RC steering shaft cover:rock:

Looks sweet bro:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Thanks

Yea if I grab the old lever about 3 more times it's coming out!!

FastRam said:
Nice job. :congrats: Can you swap out the shifter knob, maybe for something a little more personable?

I,m sure I could.Already thinking about a T handle like on my old b&m starshifter.

Attachments

• 7_full.jpg
    7_full.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 163
Looks good. What benefit does it have adding this piece? Manual shifting of the gears? Just curious.

Looks unbelievably cool! :top:

Now THAT's on the list of mods to do...bastidge!

Looks great ----does the shifter have slap capibilities.....wouldn't want to accidently hit the wrong gear or Neutral

Dang! That's a great job mate. That will definitely increase the fun factor now.

Well done. ;)

fursale said:
I,m sure I could.Already thinking about a T handle like on my old b&m starshifter.

Yes the ratchet shifter with t - handle is teh way to go so you can smash on it when shifting :).. thats what i had in my old custom pickup

Does the 4-speed auto shift on demand or do you shift and it changes when it wants still? My Jeep doesn't change on demand even with a Stage-2 (of 2) Trans-Go shift kit, sucks but oh well....can't do much. Improved the shift between gears above mid-range rpms but still won't shift when I want it too.

Looks great...this might happen one day to my truck..love running thru the gears but still prefer an auto overall...;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back