Aww crap... broke something.

The center bolt is the culprit that holds the balancer and pulles. It could be pinned and never re torqued the center bolt. Which is what Chris is hoping happened.

I never had a chance to look at the truck today... Another 14hr work day and cousins birthday party. Hoping to conclude what happened tomorrow!

To give you guys who are questioning the pin kit an idea... You can see the 2 holes here in the balancer (beside the center hole) this is where the pins go once you drill them. (This is when I was installing the blower, You'll notice the oil pan was off to drill out the oil line return)

301760_10150915470569670_2088028964_n.jpg

the hole you drilled really are on the seam between the balancer and the crank. so the hole is half in the balancer and half in the crank. then a hardened steel roll pin is tapped into the holes to help lock the balancer to the crank. Kind of crude but effective for a little while. not really a long time solution in my opinion. keying the crank and installing an ATI balancer is a must do when the crank is out. If you are supercharging a stock engine, the crank will come out .... sooner or later!

Well guys, looks like I was extremely lucky and just the crank pulley came loose. Belt is off about 3 ribs but still in tact. Balancer is still right where it should be (thanks pin kit). So I should be able to wrench it back together in no time.

the hole you drilled really are on the seam between the balancer and the crank. so the hole is half in the balancer and half in the crank. then a hardened steel roll pin is tapped into the holes to help lock the balancer to the crank. Kind of crude but effective for a little while. not really a long time solution in my opinion. keying the crank and installing an ATI balancer is a must do when the crank is out. If you are supercharging a stock engine, the crank will come out .... sooner or later!

So are the later 05-06 in jeopardy for this at all? Are the 06's just half ass pinned, or did they key the cranks on the later models?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back