AZ Firebird Raceway March 8th

phxpoolguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going out to Firebird to run the truck on street tires, been talking to Shawn "PSYCHO1122" about making it a local GTG. He's thinking of bringing out some food and drinks and making a nice evening out of it along with some racing. Be nice to meet any new local 10 owners, I've invited a few other SRT vehicles out as well. I hope to see our regular group out there, maybe we can get Jim's headers on by then.:D

Thanks for posting Rick!! Yes, I will be out there before the gates open at 6 P.M.

As I disscussed with the "poolguy", we need to make sure that memebers who do run under 13.99 E.T. have a Snell 2005 approved Helmet. Firebird will no longer take Snell 2000 as of January 1st. 2012

2013 Firebird International Raceway Street Drag/Clubs/Team Firebird Schedule

I thought I was in a pickle untill Rick offerd me to go through tech with one of his. Then after calling Snell (916)-331-5073, I rechecked my lid to verify where the Snell Rating sticker was. Thankfully, mine is Snell M2005:rock:

As the "poolguy" has stated, I will be bringing a gas grill, bratwurst, buns and yellow mustard. Beverages will be BYO. All I will need is a head count before this Sunday when I go to Costco in the A.M. If anyone wants to pitch in with something additional, all the better. I would recommend at least a folding chair and some water.

This should be pretty fun to meet some members, observe how the SRT Trucks run and to see how my few, bolt on mods (see sig) will improve my E.T.'s The last time out did NOT best my 1st. time out of 13.4 @ 106.50 with only a drop in K&N. Everything else was stock. Reason was... My SCT tune was as richer than my stock tune at high RPM. That has been rectified with Torrie's help:D I can already tell that traction WILL be the issue (and maybe the occational missed 2-3 shift). I will be on stock Pirelli's as always and I do not expect anything under 2.0 for 60' times.

My motorcycle dragracing has always shown me that more power mods does not = quicker E.T's. Higher trap speeds maybe......

With a reasonably clean pass, I would like to see my first 12.999 or quicker run and I would not be suprised if my trap speeds get close to 110 m.p.h.:burnout:

What do you members think?!?:dontknow:

Hope to see some Arizona members out there!

Cheers!!

I don't think a 12.99 is out of the question depending on DA. Good luck guys!

Hopefully everybody races they're truck, so everybody make sure your trucks are in race shape. Bring your helmets and make sure and have your u-joints checked. :D

The wife & I'll be there. With or without the headers on. Hopefully I can get them on Tue. She wants to race her HEMI Jeep GC, but I think that will be for another time. Rick, what about Jay & I meeting at your house & going out together??? Just a thought.

The wife & I'll be there. With or without the headers on. Hopefully I can get them on Tue. She wants to race her HEMI Jeep GC, but I think that will be for another time. Rick, what about Jay & I meeting at your house & going out together??? Just a thought.

You don't think Jody will get mad if you and Jay go out together? :D

JoD said she is going with or without me. With me, we will have the truck, without me she will have her HEMI. So look for a gray 10 or a white JEEP GC. She has never been to Firebird. Sould be fun no matter what happens. Wish we could get more than three 10's out there. JoD said there is a 10 for sale at one of the dealerships at I-17 & Bell Rd. I will be going by there tomorrow to check.

Found the truck. It's @ Volvo of Phoenix @ 2205 West Bell. It's a 2005 Yellow Fever QC Auto with 47,647 miles & asking $30,282.00. Motor looks stock. I'd buy it for JoD, but she doesn't like yellow.

JoD said she is going with or without me. With me, we will have the truck, without me she will have her HEMI. So look for a gray 10 or a white JEEP GC. She has never been to Firebird. Sould be fun no matter what happens. Wish we could get more than three 10's out there. JoD said there is a 10 for sale at one of the dealerships at I-17 & Bell Rd. I will be going by there tomorrow to check.

We should have four 10's right now, maybe the new guy with the CE will come out. I'll try to find him and send a pm. Jay knows somebody else in Chandler and maybe he can call him.

Found the truck. It's @ Volvo of Phoenix @ 2205 West Bell. It's a 2005 Yellow Fever QC Auto with 47,647 miles & asking $30,282.00. Motor looks stock. I'd buy it for JoD, but she doesn't like yellow.

Jeep SRT8 is the way to go, she'll love it. You'll probably get smoked but it would be fun to have, for her. :D

Don't tell her she would be able to blow my doors off with an 8 or it will be a MUST HAVE for her. She was born to speed. Dylan just called me sd he & some others were going to 67th tonight. Told him I couldn't make it because of the situation with my Mom. Asked him if he was going to make Firdbird & he said he couldn't make it because he had to work. We should borrow his 10 & run it for him, I'm sure he wouldn't mine.

Don't tell her she would be able to blow my doors off with an 8 or it will be a MUST HAVE for her. She was born to speed. Dylan just called me sd he & some others were going to 67th tonight. Told him I couldn't make it because of the situation with my Mom. Asked him if he was going to make Firdbird & he said he couldn't make it because he had to work. We should borrow his 10 & run it for him, I'm sure he wouldn't mine.

He got rid of it and bought a 370Z, I did invite him to the track and he said yes. He just texted me and said he was at Pavilions tonight, lol. These damn young ones can't keep their story straight, :D

Where are you located in Phoenix, maybe we can hook up & drive out together. If not we can meet you out there. Welcome aboard. Jim Temple

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back