[B]Must read[/B] A truly hypothetical question. [B]Must read[/B]

The Sanskrit term Dharma (help·info) (Devanāgarī: धर्म) (Pali: Dhamma) signifies the underlying order in nature and life (human or other) considered to be in accord with that order. The word dharma is generally translated into English as 'law' and literally translates as 'that which upholds or supports' (from the root 'Dhr' - to hold), here referring to the order which makes the cosmos and the harmonious complexity of the natural world possible. As in the West, the concept of natural or divine law, has, throughout the history of Indian civilisation, governed ideas about the proper conduct of living. The symbol of the dharma - the wheel - is the central motif in the national flag of India.

In its most frequent usage (in the sphere of morality and ethics) dharma means 'right way of living', 'proper conduct', 'duty' or 'righteousness'. With respect to spirituality, dharma might be considered the Way of the Higher Truths. What is in the West called religion in India comes within the general purview of dharma. Thus the various Indian religions (sanatana dharma, Buddhadharma, Jain dharma etc.) are so many versions of Dharma — versions of what is considered to be 'right' or in truest accord with the deepest realities of nature.

Each of the various Indian religions emphasize Dharma as the correct understanding of Nature (or God, as the origin of nature) in their teachings.[1][2][3] In these traditions, beings that live in accordance with Dharma proceed more quickly toward Dharma Yukam, Moksha or Nirvana (personal liberation). Dharma also refers to the teachings and doctrines of the founders of these traditions, such as those of Gautama Buddha and Mahavira. In traditional Hindu society with its caste structure, Dharma constituted the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual. (see dharmasastra). Dharma in its universal meaning shares much in common with the way of Tao or Taoism.

The antonym of dharma is adharma meaning unnatural or immoral.

fast fred said:
The Sanskrit term Dharma (help·info) (Devanāgarī: धर्म) (Pali: Dhamma) signifies the underlying order in nature and life (human or other) considered to be in accord with that order. The word dharma is generally translated into English as 'law' and literally translates as 'that which upholds or supports' (from the root 'Dhr' - to hold), here referring to the order which makes the cosmos and the harmonious complexity of the natural world possible. As in the West, the concept of natural or divine law, has, throughout the history of Indian civilisation, governed ideas about the proper conduct of living. The symbol of the dharma - the wheel - is the central motif in the national flag of India.

In its most frequent usage (in the sphere of morality and ethics) dharma means 'right way of living', 'proper conduct', 'duty' or 'righteousness'. With respect to spirituality, dharma might be considered the Way of the Higher Truths. What is in the West called religion in India comes within the general purview of dharma. Thus the various Indian religions (sanatana dharma, Buddhadharma, Jain dharma etc.) are so many versions of Dharma — versions of what is considered to be 'right' or in truest accord with the deepest realities of nature.

Each of the various Indian religions emphasize Dharma as the correct understanding of Nature (or God, as the origin of nature) in their teachings.[1][2][3] In these traditions, beings that live in accordance with Dharma proceed more quickly toward Dharma Yukam, Moksha or Nirvana (personal liberation). Dharma also refers to the teachings and doctrines of the founders of these traditions, such as those of Gautama Buddha and Mahavira. In traditional Hindu society with its caste structure, Dharma constituted the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual. (see dharmasastra). Dharma in its universal meaning shares much in common with the way of Tao or Taoism.

The antonym of dharma is adharma meaning unnatural or immoral.

Fred Is the MAn!!!!!! Hey Fred your are a DHARMIC MAN:rock: :rock: :rock:

can we get a pic of the chick we're not supposed to bang?:D annu you got to come hang out with a bunch of drunk rednecks at the SE gtg...lol

Annu Kumar said:
Yeah I'm a Vacuous. But aleast I know why I'm here on this earth and Know My dharma.

Everyone's vaccuous, just on different subjects......

And yes, you absolutely blew those bozos away on the subject of Dharma....

"Credit where credit is due"............. and yes, I knew my Karma from Dharma... even before I read Yoganandaji.....

D

Django said:
Everyone's vaccuous, just on different subjects......

And yes, you absolutely blew those bozos away on the subject of Dharma....

"Credit where credit is due"............. and yes, I knew my Karma from Dharma... even before I read Yoganandaji.....

D

Om Namah SHIVAY Tim:rock: :rock:

I apologized to Annu for being an ignorant "Bozo" I really do not owe anyone else an explanation. Jack

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back