Back up and running

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to say that my truck is back up and running after almost 2 yrs. I just pick her up today is man I really missed driving her.

congrats

Congrats, that's great to hear. Speaking of hearing, where are the videos?? :D

No track times or Dyno numbers yet still breaking in the motor. Did an entire rebuild of the motor.

Forged Wiesco pistons .10 over
K1 forged connecting rods
Clevite bearings
Crower custom ground cam
Crower slow bleed lifters
Comp Cam beehive springs
Comp Cam push rods
Harland Sharp roller rockers
Mild port and polish heads
Custom dedicated belt drive for Paxton good for 12-14 psi. Right now have 10 lbs pulley

I still don't understand why it takes so long for a motor build. Does it take a rocket scientist to build them? I hear of people building motors all the time and never take that long but when it comes to the viper motor it seems like if two extra cylinders make it something major to do.

How long did yours take, just out of curiosity? With mine having high mileage, I'd probably like to rebuild it at some point and would use forged parts. I've talked with Sean Roe at length about it, he said the issue with the machine shop he uses for builds is that depending on their schedule, it can take between 2 weeks to 2 months, but still, that's not that long.

2 years? Jeeze louise, did you get some kind of discount? You could have saved the money from gas and insurance to buy another one haha

Sounds like a great build though sir, congrats, now let's see some pics!?!

No reason these engine are any different from the rest ;)
Machine shops sometimes freak if they've never done one, but other than their schedule there's no reason to take more than a couple weeks depending on services. If they assemble the entire block give them an extra week :)

How long did yours take, just out of curiosity? With mine having high mileage, I'd probably like to rebuild it at some point and would use forged parts. I've talked with Sean Roe at length about it, he said the issue with the machine shop he uses for builds is that depending on their schedule, it can take between 2 weeks to 2 months, but still, that's not that long.

I bought my truck already done.

Sounds like a good build, do you have pics and more info on your custom dedicated belt drive for your Paxton?? I really need to do that to mine right away!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back