Badass Guages

Prof said:
You can never be too cautious. Actually the best defense is a good offense...I think I read that somewhere...

A great tune from a highly respected tuner is a great first step.

Are there any highly respected tuners in KS?

spydertt said:
Prof said:
You can never be too cautious. Actually the best defense is a good offense...I think I read that somewhere...

A great tune from a highly respected tuner is a great first step.

Are there any highly respected tuners in KS?

In my opinion there are only three or four great tuners for our vehicles. None in KS that I know of...

But, there are tuners that can work for you in various ways...if you have an SCT or VEC you can get tunes from the great tuners for your truck...another option is to arrange with one of the great tuners to look at your data from a dyno and direct the tuning from their remote location...Sean Roe has done this...the other option is to have one of the super tuners fly in and tune your ride...

There is a tuner in St. Louis that has a great tuning reputation but a terrible engine build reputation and terrible record for customer service...he will come in and tune your vehicle at a local dyno...but he is not one of the people I referenced in my initial paragraph.

Prof said:
spydertt said:
In my opinion there are only three or four great tuners for our vehicles. None in KS that I know of...

There is a tuner in St. Louis that has a great tuning reputation but a terrible engine build reputation and terrible record for customer service...he will come in and tune your vehicle at a local dyno...but he is not one of the people I referenced in my initial paragraph.

Before you use the service of any tuner, be sure to check references. The tuner in St Louis has tuned several trucks here. Some folks are very happy, others may have a different story to tell.

My recommendation is to post up who you are thinking of using, then solicit off line feedback. Then you can make a personal decision about who you want to tune your truck.

I like Sean Roe and John Reed as my first choice. If John (he is relatively local) decides not to tune with my VEC system, then I will resort to the Tune by email with Sean.

Dale

Tune

Well then I'm on the right track. My VEC did not come with all the connectors so I contacted Sean at Roe and he is very helpfull. I need to send him my specs so he can send me my tunes. I get my 10 dynoed in Wichita KS. The guy seems to know what he is doing. He wouldn't put it on the dyno untill he personally checked the nitrous jets and looked up the controller on his lap top to be sure the rpm window was set right.
I was hoping to find a fast reacting light or gauge that would warn me if detonation was happening. I own a 3000GT Spyder twin turbo was runing 25lbs of boost when a vacuum hose to my boost controller melted off causing a boost spike. I felt the extra power but didn't get it shut down in time. The cop that was going to give me a ticket was just laughing as he asked if he should call a tow truck. He said there was little fireballs flying out the tailpipe(piston chunks). A warning light probably wouldn't have helped in this case but if you get a bad tune or bad fuel it will let you know you were too lean. My car has an A/F gauge that flashes if its to lean but when I use my datalogger I find that the pcm has started pulling timing way before I see it on my gauge. Thats why I think getting a signal from the knock sensor would be helpfull. Had performance problems when launching my car, using the datta logger we found it was taking timing away even thou A/F and timing looked good. I found the downpipe from the rear turbo hitting the frame causing false knock. A new set of motor mounts and all is well.
These gauges look great and the best part easy to install. I'll do some more research and see if they are right for me. But wifey wants a new patio and deserves it, so I know where a chunk of my $$$$ is going.

These guages origanally did not show trans temp and air fuel did the update them now so they are capable of doing so???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back