Badass Guages

quick in post number 46 you said yours would have o2 sensor voltage.. does yours show a/f fuel ratio? i didnt see yours scroll through the parameters like the other aeroforce do.

perk_1405 said:
quick in post number 46 you said yours would have o2 sensor voltage.. does yours show a/f fuel ratio? i didnt see yours scroll through the parameters like the other aeroforce do.
I haven't set anything yet. The gauge is how it came.
There is a scroll feature there once I get her set-up she will scroll.
I'm going to set her up tomorrow, will make anohter vid. that is easier to see....lol

As far as the reading on the Air/Fuel I have no idea...I have FJO/gauges, and one of them is a wide-band that helps Chris tune the Truck.

Quick

Quick, I'm glad you like the gauge. It was kick ass :rock: that you were able to have them load the SRT-10 logo at startup which adds that custom touch and also ties in the gauge to the truck. Like if it were installed from factory. I know you have your hands full with the grand kids, but once you've figured out how to work the gauge. We would greatly appreciate a little write up.

All the best now go take care of those grand children. :D

LitemUp said:
Quick, I'm glad you like the gauge. It was kick ass :rock: that you were able to have them load the SRT-10 logo at startup which adds that custom touch and also ties in the gauge to the truck. Like if it were installed from factory. I know you have your hands full with the grand kids, but once you've figured out how to work the gauge. We would greatly appreciate a little write up.

All the best now go take care of those grand children. :D
NO vid. yet....but I did set the gauge up.

It will get all of these parameters:

1. MPH

2. Intake Air Temperature

3. Engine Coolant Temperature

4. Battery Voltage

5. Long Term Fuel Trim

6. Short Term Fuel Trim

7. O2 Sensor Voltage

8. Manifold Pressure (vacuum/boost) displayed in PSI

9. Ignition Advance

10. Engine run time

11. Fuel Status (open/closed loop)

12. Throttle Position Percentage

13. Engine Load

14. RPM

I've set it up to scroll, does a fine job without the engine-on!
Due to the fact that I'm not running cats....we try not to start her up before 9:00a...muffler constraints!

Quick

HERE'S the VID.
Not much to say here, I mean it is "plug & play" :congrats: :congrats:
About the only thing I might suggest is to go to there site and down-load the owners/manual...you only need the first 12 of the 22/pgs. that are there.
Other than that your set :rock:
In the boot it has a nice feature in that you can reverse the fields, meaning that you can make the background into the foreground...If the numbers are white with a black background (good for nite-time driving) you can reverse that so it reads black numbers and a white background (good for daytime driving) at my age, you need all the help you can get...lol
If there's something I missed, and I'm sure I did...post-up!

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/QuickSilver_01/?action=view&current=MVI_0013.flv

And again, Thank You "LitemUp"
Quick

Last edited:
Those gauges are great if you're looking for custom gauges that look great. But they are not good for tuning, or racing. The delay in their readout makes them too slow to tell you when something has gone wrong in time.

Be careful!

AWDisuzu said:
Those gauges are great if you're looking for custom gauges that look great. But they are not good for tuning, or racing. The delay in their readout makes them too slow to tell you when something has gone wrong in time.

Be careful!

"Delay in readout"? Although I can't say I've seen these first hand in a SRT-10 truck, on all of the other Chrysler products including the SRT4, Hemi Rams, LX cars, and PT Cruisers these can update at 10x second and faster when set at the fastest data rate. The videos here look like the data rate was left at the factor mid range setting. Getting back to the so called "delay", the PCM is sending out data as fast as it gets it. There maybe 10-20 msec time lag at most. In fact, the rpms, for example, will update faster on the gauge than the tach on the dash. If you set the warning lights up as a shift light, the lights will go off on teh Interceptor before you see the needle hit your desired shift RPM on the dash tach.

People have been tuning using scan tools as long as OBD2 has been around, there is no appreciable lag in the data.

Todd

The issue is what devices should be used in making tuning decisions.

Gauges on your dash or A pillar are just not the tools to be using. A dyno provides the highs, lows and the intermediate data. Making tuning decisions based on anything else is just not wise. IMO

Knock waring

Can you use gauge as a knock light? When it starts to back out timing have it flash a warning? Or is there a faster knock warning available?

spydertt said:
Can you use gauge as a knock light? When it starts to back out timing have it flash a warning? Or is there a faster knock warning available?
In '05 our Trucks started coming with a knock-sensor installed from the factory.

Quick

KNOCK SENSOR

I know it has a knock sensor, I want to have a warning light that comes on so I know when the pcm is backing out timing. I'm old I need a bright light .

IMO you need to prevent knock (detonation)...once the knock is detected you have gone too lean...detonation has happened...I focused on assuring my water/meth injection is working.

So did they end up adding more features as far as our trucks go... I'm mostly concerned about air/fuel and trans temp

Prof said:
IMO you need to prevent knock (detonation)...once the knock is detected you have gone too lean...detonation has happened...I focused on assuring my water/meth injection is working.

I agree. Knock is not a good thing. It has damaged many an engine. If every thing is as it should be monitering knock is not needed. And I agree once detonation occures damage can happen. But its not a perfect world, low octane fuel, old man leaves off vacuum hose, not many tuners in KS.
Maybe I just like blinkly lights, but a warning light would let me know to lift my right foot before piston chunks get stuck in my muffler.

You can never be too cautious. Actually the best defense is a good offense...I think I read that somewhere...

A great tune from a highly respected tuner is a great first step.

The last time my truck was tuned I had Sean Roe do it.

You better back off that "old guy" stuff...

There are none here older than me...I don't think...and I get...I get...I...

Damn, forgot where I was going with that comment. :p :D :D :D

I have these dual gauges, I think you can set the gauges to illuminate for what ever condition you want, you have to turn the annuciator on, if you look on there site they have a pdf file with directions on this I believe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back