Basic bolt on vs. Complete bolt on

Sanguissaevus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, ok, I gots another question that shall remain searchless. Seems u have two basic paths with yalls bolt on choice. 1, you do a drop in kandn magnaflow and sct tune. 2, you go all out with full exhaust, intake, tb, and tune. The first is the bang for your buck way and the second is getting as much hp from bolt ons that you can. Any of you had the opportunity to dyno similar setups to compare results, or quartered them together to compare traps? Considerable differences or hardly worth the coin?

Full exhaust. Get rid of those restrictive cats!!!

Either going catless or hi-flo's will help. Headers, underdrive pulley and a throttle body will make a huge difference as well. Doing "full bolt-ons" isn't exactly cheap but you won't regret it. The last two mods I did to my last truck, I added a JTSVP tb and an ud pulley at the same time and the difference was very noticeable!

Good info. The question came to me when i was reading all the negative reviews on getting a full cai vs. Kandn drop in. They would say things like, just do a drop in cat back and tune and your good. Wasnt sure if they were implying everything else was a waste or not. Cats are apparantly very restrictive. Noted. Thanks for the replys.

Good info. The question came to me when i was reading all the negative reviews on getting a full cai vs. Kandn drop in. They would say things like, just do a drop in cat back and tune and your good. Wasnt sure if they were implying everything else was a waste or not. Cats are apparantly very restrictive. Noted. Thanks for the replys.

I have catback no cats ,k&n drop in and a tune makes a noticeable difference . I just recently purchased a new clutch,jtsvp tb, jtsvp shifter and jtsvp undersrive pulley i will let you know how it feels after i install it

I have catback no cats ,k&n drop in and a tune makes a noticeable difference . I just recently purchased a new clutch,jtsvp tb, jtsvp shifter and jtsvp undersrive pulley i will let you know how it feels after i install it

You're going to be very happy after installing the ud pulley and tb, I know I noticed a difference.

i can tell you from experience, from a stock 05 RC (save for bolt on magnaflow catback) to a bolt on truck will gain up to a half a second in the 8th mile.

i installed the following at one time:
k&n intake (full intake)
170 t-stat
jtsvp coils, wires, and new plugs
belanger headers
high flow cats (2)
torrie's SCT tune (canned tune based on mods)

i didn't install an UD pulley or TB, and i never had it dyno tuned (that's the only thing left to do to be a full "bolt on" truck.)

i went from consistent 8.8's to consistent 8.3's on street tires...

You're going to be very happy after installing the ud pulley and tb, I know I noticed a difference.

I also got the 170 thermostat and will most likely get it tuned. Have you had yours on a dyno?

I have pick up a few HP with bolt-ons. :D

Having your truck dyno tuned by Chris or Torrie will make all the difference.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back