BBK or no

BBK just emailed me back and they said they ate on back order? Any trust worthy ebay sellers for the BBK or just stick with getting the ROE. I'm kinda stuck between the 2 on which to get

BBK just emailed me back and they said they ate on back order? Any trust worthy ebay sellers for the BBK or just stick with getting the ROE. I'm kinda stuck between the 2 on which to get

Any reason you aren't considering JTSVP?

Order the bbk from autoanything.com. they have great deals. i bought 2 of them in the past and had zero issues. I sold the first one for the jtsvp then i went back to the bbk.

E, why did you go back?

I replaced my OE with Tony's, and it has worked 100% flawless, fit like a glove and is of very good quality. I can't say anything about the Roe or BBK, never owned one and I don't like the Single blade design. . no trouble with surging or hanging with the JTSVP. However, its a wonder why Tony's doesn't come with a shaft. :dontknow:
Also, I'd stay away from porting one.

the reason ours don't come with a shaft is because of cost, most would be surprised at the cost it takes to make machine out one throttle body, and would be surprised at the amount of profit there is in the end, if I could afford to have 100-200 machined at a time , it would bring the cost down considerably, but that I am not able to do, we do try to test fit the blades before they go out, sometimes we get behind on orders and I don't get a chance to , so every once in awhile a few go out where the blades may need a touch of adjusting, those are more than welcome to shoot them back and I have always gladly adjusted them, but to provide it with a shaft in all honesty would drive the cost up and a minimum of $100, for those that may think we only have a couple hundred in the machining, ask around, they have been tried to be copied , and the cost they have been given is more than I charge for them,I just happen to have great machinest that sees the long run instead of the dollar up front. I do my best to keep prices down, and quality up, things do slip thru, but I also do what I can to correct when I can, but its always the same, out of 100 sales you will have 95 folks that will love the product but you never hear from those, but the 5 unhappy folk will be the first to post up everywhere, we do a lot of r and d , more than most , but being stretched thin, things do take a bit, thanks ya'll guys have a great weekend, by the way we are doing at the moment another run of throttle bodies and shifters, manual tensioners that I never got to even put on the site are already gone, along with the billet pullies, we are trying to keep up, right now we have 3 machine shops rolling trying to get things out quicker, keep rockin the hp guys:)

the reason ours don't come with a shaft is because of cost, most would be surprised at the cost it takes to make machine out one throttle body, and would be surprised at the amount of profit there is in the end, if I could afford to have 100-200 machined at a time , it would bring the cost down considerably, but that I am not able to do, we do try to test fit the blades before they go out, sometimes we get behind on orders and I don't get a chance to , so every once in awhile a few go out where the blades may need a touch of adjusting, those are more than welcome to shoot them back and I have always gladly adjusted them, but to provide it with a shaft in all honesty would drive the cost up and a minimum of $100, for those that may think we only have a couple hundred in the machining, ask around, they have been tried to be copied , and the cost they have been given is more than I charge for them,I just happen to have great machinest that sees the long run instead of the dollar up front. I do my best to keep prices down, and quality up, things do slip thru, but I also do what I can to correct when I can, but its always the same, out of 100 sales you will have 95 folks that will love the product but you never hear from those, but the 5 unhappy folk will be the first to post up everywhere, we do a lot of r and d , more than most , but being stretched thin, things do take a bit, thanks ya'll guys have a great weekend, by the way we are doing at the moment another run of throttle bodies and shifters, manual tensioners that I never got to even put on the site are already gone, along with the billet pullies, we are trying to keep up, right now we have 3 machine shops rolling trying to get things out quicker, keep rockin the hp guys:)

Tony- I've had your TB on my truck for years, came powder coated black. Mine is Paxton SC'ed as well and I really liked the TB. After about 8k miles it started sticking so we changed out the IAC, took it off and cleaned it, etc... It got worse at first but then adjusted a few things and it drove perfect for another few hindered miles. Now idles is creeping back up with small surges again. Much better than hanging at redline like it did before, blipping throttle will take care of it 50% of the time, other times it takes shutting it off. With scan tool at dealer reading OBD2 port sensors everything reads proper voltage. But when idle creeps up you can manually push the throttle closed and it works great, just can't keep throttle closed all the way all the time, it sticks and surges most the time. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Would it be a spring or hardware issue?

Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread.

Before I buy a new bbk that comes complete I thought I'd ask so I can keep the jtsvp TB I've liked over the past few years.

My JTSVP TB was one of those 5% problem child TB's.

Sticky blades, surging and whistle.

The blades don't stick anymore but now I get a 100rpm constant idle dance. Up down up down up down up down.

I am seriously considering going back to a stock one.

Tony has done a lot for me and the TB, I just think I got a dud.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back