BBK Throttle Body Twin 67mm

Sportbad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a throttle body,
Do I need to reflash ?
Change their behavior if my truck ?

Thanks to all:rock:

should not need to reflash. the trucks puter will relearn & adjust on its own.
:rock::rock::rock:

better throttle response & a few extra ponies:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

i have the BBK TB. likes it:rock:

Thanks
I will order right now :rock:

an alternative would be a ported one from tony at JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE a vendor here....

BBk right now has no inventory in stock, you may find a warehouse that has some in stock , but due to the problems they had with the blades , they stopped productin

some did, some did not, ironhead, da1chief off the top of my head and a few others had idle issues with it hanging about 1000rpms or so , others didnt have any problems, I think it was about 50/50,

Tony,

1. I haven't installed mine yet (got a great looking ported one from you), is there a way to tell a good one from a bad one?
2. Is there a specific BBK gasket to use, or do you use the stock Dodge one?
3. There is very little room to fit a bolt head to mount it, what do most people use for this (allen head???).

Thanks

Bryan

Tony,

1. I haven't installed mine yet (got a great looking ported one from you), is there a way to tell a good one from a bad one?
2. Is there a specific BBK gasket to use, or do you use the stock Dodge one?
3. There is very little room to fit a bolt head to mount it, what do most people use for this (allen head???).

Thanks

Bryan

There's a o-rings gasket when you pull your stock TB off. You reuse it. It may look like theres not enough room but there is.

Call Sean at roe I think they have them on the shelf. Only place that I could find that had one, even BBK didn't even have them. But Roe Racing did.

I think he an one other has them, not sure, havent spoke to sean in acouple days, but need to , i will check and see if he has any:rock: dam good man sean is:rock:

Tony was right when he said I had problems with mine. I talked to their Customer Support (That's a Joke) and they told me I had a Vacuum Leak... After I explained that I had already checked for that and there Was No Vaccum Leak it was like a Broken Record... They Insisted their product did NOT have a problem, I had a Leak.. Needless to say the Phone Conversation turned into a One Way Conversation and I told them Exactly what they could do with their product...

Well after that Mess I got one of Tony's Ported TBs. After 15 mins of driving with Tony's TB you could Not Pay Me to put that BBK POS back on My Truck...

I paid Tony for his TB and told him he could Have the BBK or Toss it in the Trash I didn't care what he did with it.. :) :) :) Could Not Be Happier with the Results and Performance of Tony's Product... :) :) :)

I sure like my BBK also and the Dyno doesn't lie.....:burnout:

Mine hangs around 1000-1500 until it is warm 5 mins or so of running then it works normal it does add to the hp totals though.
Might take it off and see if I can fix it myself other wise just keep it until I decide to get one of tony's or back to stock

mine was a hanger.

Ironhead told me what to look for. found it & did some clearence work with my pocket knife, smoothed the edges of the blades in those areas & no probs

seems they run tighter clearence than the stock TB's

mine was a hanger.

Ironhead told me what to look for. found it & did some clearence work with my pocket knife, smoothed the edges of the blades in those areas & no probs

seems they run tighter clearence than the stock TB's

You will also pick up better throttle response if you "knife edge" the blades while they are out. Take a Dremel and 45 the blades, where they are in the closed position.

In Sean own development is the TB (Improve throttle response and drivability with a Roe Racing Billet Aluminum Throttle Body! Great for forced induction AND naturally aspirated vehicles! Dyno tested in house to add 9 RWHP!)
What can you say about this item ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back