Best Air Intake kit for SRT ram?

bsilvi11

Reaction score
I just purchased my first SRT ram. It is bone stock. What is the best cold air intake out there for these guys? The Volant system with air box that utilizes the hood scoop looks sweet but is it any good? Thanks!

Brandt

The hp gains your guna see from a cai isnt really worth the 3 to 500 bucks....just get a drop in K an N...save your money for something else..

Really no gains to be had with a cold air intake, but if your looking for eye candy JMB Performance is the place to get one.

The stock system is cold air. It pulls cold air from the wheel well area away from the under hood area. K & N Filter in the stock system is hard to beat.

The hp gains your guna see from a cai isnt really worth the 3 to 500 bucks....just get a drop in K an N...save your money for something else..

Really no gains to be had with a cold air intake, but if your looking for eye candy JMB Performance is the place to get one.

The stock system is cold air. It pulls cold air from the wheel well area away from the under hood area. K & N Filter in the stock system is hard to beat.

These guys got it exactly right. If you are concerned with performance drop a K&N in, if you want the look JMB is the best and can be custom powder coated any color you want.

I AGREE! JMB makes the nicest products himself at his shop!
I had a K&N on mine when it was stock and the difference in black marks were a truck length stock to about 3 truck lengths after and the deep growl gets waaaaay louder when you have your foot in it!

I dropped in the diesel cone filter. It seems to have more filter surface then the flat one. I had to trim a small tab of plastic on the box and it fits perfect.

when you drive you can feel it with intakes...due to air flow at dyno shops there is no way for them to simulate the air that is forced into the engine.there for not showing results on paper

I use the K&N diesel drop in. When I dyno'd the K&N flat vs. diesel cone, there was 1 hp difference.:)

The Volant does look nice but the scoop in our hoods is to let heat out, not air in. Its in a low pressure area and the Volant is not a sealed unit for functional ram air anyway, it also uses the air inlet in the inner fender area just like the stock one.

Thanks

Awesome, thanks alot guys for the input! Now on what muffler to put on it, gibson, borla, magnaflow? Want a deep rumble

The Volant does look nice but the scoop in our hoods is to let heat out, not air in. Its in a low pressure area and the Volant is not a sealed unit for functional ram air anyway, it also uses the air inlet in the inner fender area just like the stock one.
Volant works great if you utilize the bottom opening and run it in from the grill

Awesome, thanks alot guys for the input! Now on what muffler to put on it, gibson, borla, magnaflow? Want a deep rumble

I blew a hole in my Magnaflow, after a very short time. I have the MOPAR/Borla now and I am very happy with it. I had the single tip changed back to duels, as the single just didn't work for me.

Spintech, ramdude has a video of his truck with spins on it and it sounds sweet!!

I had a Volant but took it off and bought a K&N. I didnt like the Volant because of the air scoop that just hangs there. I cannot tell the difference in HP. IMO K&N and Tonys are both good!

I blew a hole in my Magnaflow, after a very short time. I have the MOPAR/Borla now and I am very happy with it. I had the single tip changed back to duels, as the single just didn't work for me.

Do you happen to know the part # on that Magnaflow?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back