best all around performance CAR under 50K

Last edited:
Exige, attack helicopters, and Motorhead. If that video had some topless women and cold beer, it would be the pinnacle of man's accomplishments:rock:

The lotus' run PCH here almost every weekend in packs....man they move when they are modded up a....they are little but for $50k you would be hard to catch....

You can pick up a used '03/'04 low mileage C5 ZO6 for low to mid 30's, which already screams! God only knows what it could to with another 10-15K thrown at it!!!:eek: :rock:

Too bad you weren't in the market a week ago. I just sold my '02 Z06 for $41k. 712rwhp, C6 Z06 brakes, lowered 1.5 inches riding on Nitto 555R2 road race tires, and a whole lot more. I put $33k into the car over 3 years. Would have been formidable if there was a road course within 6 hours of me, which there isn't. Hence, the reason I sold it.

Unless you have no hips and ass at all, forget the Lotus. If you need a daily driver, Honda S2000, GTO, 350Z, Corvette, G35 coupe, Audi RS4, Porsche Boxter, BMW Z4. A little used I'd go with a BMW M3, ZO6, E55 AMG, Viper,Viper, Viper, did I say Viper, or 911. Vintage could be anything, Sunbeam Tiger, 348 Ferrari, Porche 930, De Tomaso Pantera. One thing you might consider is a Superformance AC Cobra which sold without engine or trans for 40k and they are gorgeous. Gotta say, after all these considerations, and you know the hardware, a 2003 or earlier Viper. A coupe preferably. I wish I had your problem.:burnout:

Silent D said:

I can tell you for 100% fact that car does not have 500rwhp with long tubes, a donaldson blackwing and a tune. I did the exact same thing to my Z and ended up with 385rwhp. In order for it to have 500rhwp, it has to have an extreamly radical cam, fuel system upgrades, and heads. Even then, it's hard to obtain on a N/A stock cubed Z. It really sounds like that dealer knows nothing about their product, I wouldnt suggest going through them. JMO

walenator said:
Unless you have no hips and ass at all, forget the Lotus. If you need a daily driver, Honda S2000, GTO, 350Z, Corvette, G35 coupe, Audi RS4, Porsche Boxter, BMW Z4. A little used I'd go with a BMW M3, ZO6, E55 AMG, Viper,Viper, Viper, did I say Viper, or 911. Vintage could be anything, Sunbeam Tiger, 348 Ferrari, Porche 930, De Tomaso Pantera. One thing you might consider is a Superformance AC Cobra which sold without engine or trans for 40k and they are gorgeous. Gotta say, after all these considerations, and you know the hardware, a 2003 or earlier Viper. A coupe preferably. I wish I had your problem.:burnout:

My vote would be the Superformance Cobra. :D

Certainly not any roomier than the Lotus, but it will definately scare the hell out of you:)

Silverback said:
My vote would be the Superformance Cobra. :D

Hell, I'd buy one of those if you could get it for 50k...........with the side oiler 427 etc...........

But I'm still hung up on the Ford GT......

SD

RatMotor said:
I love the Lotus Elise\Exige models. Elise starts at $43k, Exige(same engine, better suspension, aerodynamics) goes for $50k. You dont' see many around, and they will absolutely rule over any roadcourse or autocross. Not built as a dragster, but still pretty quick due to power to weight ratio - 1900lbs\190hp. Lotus claims 4.7sec 0-60.
What is the head room on this thing?:dontknow: Looks nice but I think it's for short people :D

Oh - then I guess that eliminates my theory:D

Another good choice is a Toyota Supra. If you get a 93 to 95 model you can have a CLEAN, well kept, no accidents 9 second Supra that can do very well at a road course with a change of tires and brake pads for $50K.

A Gen 2 Viper GTS is another good choice.

Black1 said:
Jeremy was driving it from Top Gear.... He is, like, 6' 4". :dontknow:

.......................And he had to wedge himself out with a shoe horn....

SD

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back