Best Daily Driver tire

texastonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to the SRT10 Truck scene and will be driving my truck as a daily driver. What is your opinion on the best tire out there for city/highway driving with a few "street fighting" sprints to put some mustangs to shame. I use BFG KDW on my Viper GTS and they seem to be good on that car, the Pilot Sport 2's on my RT/10 are better but twice the price. I see they make teh BFG's for the truck, are they any good in a daily driver capacity? The truck has a new set of Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 put on from the stealership that I bought it from. I don't know ANYTHING about Falken. If anyone would chime in on this I would appreciate it.

The Hankook Ventus ST RHO6 is rated high by Discount Tire reviewers, but that and $.25 can get you a phone call...

I like the contis but i heard they are discontinuing the size.. i picked up a set for cheap about 6 month ago.

I had General Grabber UHP's on mine and loved them. Excellent wet weather traction, good grip, and good tire ware. Cool tread pattern too. :)

10710131-general-grabber-uhp.jpg

I'm running the BFG's and love em. They are not to be used as an all season tire. They are cost a little more than most but, you won't be disappointed.

Anything beats the factory Pirelli's ---I went with the Kumho's for the second round ----They seem to be a good all around tire...

I got about 28,000 mi. out of the stock Pirelli's, Then went with the BFG KDW's for another 28,000 or so, And am now on the Conti's with about 18,000 on them. The BFG's are a very good tire in my opinion, Just a little expensive. I really like the Conti's, Good ratings, Good price, And i think they handle very well also.

Black1 said:
I had General Grabber UHP's on mine and loved them. Excellent wet weather traction, good grip, and good tire ware. Cool tread pattern too. :)

I've got these too. Like them a lot. I'll either get these again or the Hankooks based on their reviews. Rated higher than the Generals.

I got the Conti's in the 305/45. A little taller, but I like em! And you have to really look to see the height difference. They ride good, and have good wet weather traction. PLUS, by buying that size I saved about $76 per tire!

i had good service out of the general grabbers. like them better than the coopers that are on the RC now.

If your looking treadlife I would go with the nitto's 420s they perform pretty well on the street, and work very well in wet conditions the tread evacuates water pretty good but with your setup I would probably get the pirelli scorpions asimetrico they hooked really well but don't last that long.

I have the Falken Ziex and think they are a great tire for all year DD as well as an occasional trip to the track. They wear great and have the deepest tread of any tire this size. Only downside is for the first few thousand miles you can feel those deep treads as you corner. IT has a kinda loose but stable feeling if that makes sense. Basically floating on the tread rolling. Gets much better after the 1st couple 32nds are shaved.;)

I will try out the Faulkens for now, I mean hell they are new. Found the BFG's for a good price if I want to swap them out. Can't find the conti's or Generals anywhere.

I am in Texas so don't need an all season, will never see snow. Tread life above 20K would be nice but not a top priority. Just want a tire I won't need to balance every 3K miles to wear right, one that is quiet but also sticks to the asphalt like glue. I travel I-10 and I35 quite a bit at a high rate of speed to go to job meetings, don't need to worry about a blow out due to bad side wall construction or tread seperation. I would like to get a speed rating above 149mph, cause, well... I sometimes go over that for periods of times on an open road or track. Be interesting to drive a truck around HArris Hill or TWS!

texastonka said:
I will try out the Faulkens for now, I mean hell they are new. Found the BFG's for a good price if I want to swap them out. Can't find the conti's or Generals anywhere.

I am in Texas so don't need an all season, will never see snow. Tread life above 20K would be nice but not a top priority. Just want a tire I won't need to balance every 3K miles to wear right, one that is quiet but also sticks to the asphalt like glue. I travel I-10 and I35 quite a bit at a high rate of speed to go to job meetings, don't need to worry about a blow out due to bad side wall construction or tread seperation. I would like to get a speed rating above 149mph, cause, well... I sometimes go over that for periods of times on an open road or track. Be interesting to drive a truck around HArris Hill or TWS!
If you can get the BFG's for a good price i would go with them.

I just bought the Toyo PROXES S/T from a store out of Atlanta $125 each (price is now $129) and shipping was only $80 to Virginia.

So far I really like the ride and Love the Look. After sitting for over the Weekend there were no flat spots that we have all felt for the first 5 miles.

Link Here

Da1Chief said:
I just bought the Toyo PROXES S/T from a store out of Atlanta $125 each (price is now $129) and shipping was only $80 to Virginia.

So far I really like the ride and Love the Look. After sitting for over the Weekend there were no flat spots that we have all felt for the first 5 miles.

Link Here

I just spoke with Adam at the place you got yours and he remembered you. I told him we may be able to sell all he has being this is such a great price on a great tire. He said he will still do the 124.50 each on the Toyos and even has Cooper Zeons for the same price!! Toyos I am only familiar with the name and no bad feedback I know of, but the Cooper's I have had 2 sets of fronts on my Vette and they are great!:rock:

I go through like a set of Scorpion Zeros a year. That really sucks considering I put less than 12k miles on her annually. :dontknow: The only reason these tires are doing good now is because I haven't driven her since the beginning of June this year. I'm thinking of going with Nittos next.

Black1 said:

Those look like nice tires do you recall what they ran you?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back