Best tires for stock rims ??? I want traction!! :(

What about buying 2 20x9 srt10 replicas and put Mickey/thompsons street radials 2's 305/35r20????? . My cousin has them on his 11' Shelby gt500 with mods and that thing hook with those tires!:rock: for the weekends ;)

For the track most people run a 17x10 with an m and h 390/40/17

I do.

If you compare all specs, you will see that the overall wear, traction, speed rating, load capacity and tire weight are hard to beat with the Pirelli's. The tire is a GREAT match for the truck. Just run the right pressure in them and warm them up! :burnout:

The only tire currently avaliable with a touch more traction and just a bit lighter weight are the BFG's. At the cost of mileage:rock:

Only thing is I wanna drive it in the street With some m/t street radials. Will 305's fit a 9 in rim?

A few folks have said the Nitto 420 S gets pretty good traction for the money. I havent heard one of them pipe up yet...

A few folks have said the Nitto 420 S gets pretty good traction for the money. I havent heard one of them pipe up yet...

I am running The Nitto 420s,Good traction,Nice looking tire.The only down side for me is it is not Z rated,And that makes the sidewall flex a little to much for my liking.

I am running The Nitto 420s,Good traction,Nice looking tire.The only down side for me is it is not Z rated,And that makes the sidewall flex a little to much for my liking.

I use the Nittos and have no problems buying them again. The sidewall flex is probably what helps with traction.

I believe for street traction the Nittos are the way to go, I ran them for my 12.2 1/4 mile time before I went slicks. Didn't try all the others but I'm happy with them so far.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back