BigIkes Heartbreaker Vid

How much actual boost are you getting? Change the pulley?

Ironhead said:
im suppose to get mine done friday morning ,,hopefully he wont bump me again ,,ill let you know if my numbers are the same .heck im affaid to go there NOW cause of you :p
When we were there he was talking about you coming back in and saying with the way dodges PCMs work that you might only get 450 next time:dontknow:

OSO said:
When we were there he was talking about you coming back in and saying with the way dodges PCMs work that you might only get 450 next time:dontknow:

i think not ,,,but go try there bud!

He did say that because of the adaptives in the ecu........

See what it does, your truck put down typical numbers that time we all went. And 500 after then work, see what its got. If you are not happy go to PSI Motorsports and have Blaine take it for a spin on his dyno.

Or just go see blaine.

bigike said:
WoW SAD!

Ryan great job putting the video together, thanks a lot!

See me just walk away from the last pull................... what a joke :) hopefully its the dyno. I know the engine is tight, the spark plugs are good, the afr if anything should be showing some good HP........... VEC is in correctly, triple checked it.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this when I ran a vehicle on my dyno.... It's almost never the dyno (operator maybe) but not the dyno. I would have cross strapped the rear instead of straight strapping it to keep it from walking on the roller.

SAE J1349 takes into account all external factors to give you a repeatable output for tuning and comparing runs. If you want to know what you are making at that moment you use the STD output. Ironman will put down more accurate power runs because he has a manual trans. If they didn't lock your TC you have alot of slip that causes you to lose power.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with your runs (maybe some fine tuning with Sean) you just have to setup the truck properly on the roller to get an accurate run.

OSO said:
Your going to be sad when that 450 shows up on your next dyno run:D

why you hating on me sled :D let that pain go my brother,its going to eat you alive :Dhope he can sqeeze me in saturday

Last edited:
have a special "dyno" tune done. all the same specs but have to TC locked up. tuner should be able to do that.

Ike you ever thought maybe something in your trans was slipping all the time, causing it to burn up? That would explain the low dyno numbers.

Something like low line pressure not complelty locking the clutch packs together, your have a stock valve body?

Just a thought

I don't know, It was in 3rd gear tow haul.......

This transmission seems to be holding up, it hits the rev limiter in the 1-2 shift now and shifts weaker then the last transmission from 1-2, the 2-3 still makes your head go forward............. once it breaks i'll see what my other options are. This one was supposed to have valve body work, if they did anything you can't tell it.

bigike said:
I don't know, It was in 3rd gear tow haul.......

That is the normal thing to do for the dyno. You use the 1:1 gear (which in our case 3rd, manual guys use 4th). If I'm not mistaken you should leave tow/haul off. I don't think the T/C will lock with this on. I know it changes the shift points but I don't know about the TC lock with it on.
I've always dynoed with it off, use software to lock the converter then hammer down. It also helps to be able to lock the vehicle in one gear via software but it didn't sound like they had a problem with downshifting.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back