BigRed460's build thread

Hey red not sure on the controller you're using but on mine I can set it to restart the timer when it looses WOT signal or set it to continue where it was. Perhaps yours has a similar setting and would just start over every time you shifted?

Hey red not sure on the controller you're using but on mine I can set it to restart the timer when it looses WOT signal or set it to continue where it was. Perhaps yours has a similar setting and would just start over every time you shifted?

The controller's table only went to 20 seconds, it restarts after that. So after 20 seconds of on, it goes back to the beginning of the ramp.

I'd hate to be your girlfriend/wife! If she forgets the panties one night you'll turn them into a tampon!
It's a shifter not a 2X4 in a bucket of rocks.

I'd hate to be your girlfriend/wife! If she forgets the panties one night you'll turn them into a tampon!
It's a shifter not a 2X4 in a bucket of rocks.

I am 3 months divorced after 7 years, I have more time and extra mod money than ever. (no kids)

Yea, now a days NO means NO!

At least you did dent pull out a cheater bar*
* 3' X 3" piece of pipe to put over the shifter for extra leverage
Lol & yes I've ground my fair share

Please take this as constructive criticism. I want to see you achieve your goals as much as the rest of the Viper Truck world. First, you should chill, relax, and consider it a normal drive fast down a road. I think the anticipation and excitement was getting to you as you fumbled around with the shifter and were constantly moving around in the cab before the run even started. I lost count how many needless times you shifted into first, back to neutral, back to first, I to neutral, into 2nd, into first, into neutral, lol. I'm thinking this is partly what made you miss 3rd.
Next, I agree with other that your nitrous arming/activating buttons are way too complex for a run of this caliber or even a street race for that matter. You shouldn't be fumbling for switches and engaging like that at those speeds. A progressive controller we use on all nitrous trucks can allow you to tailor when your dope kicks in, at what percentage, ramp rate, time,rpm, etc. You could simply shift and steer.
Then, I'd practice never, ever, ever removing both hands from the wheel to FORCEFULLY try to select a gear! You did more damage to the tranny doing that than the tranny not allowing you to get in gear. You didn't blow your overdrive gears, yet likely bent the crap outta the shift fork or broke it. Coulda been as simple as needing a good bleeding prior to the run, but as also said, you don't want to run 5-6 gears in the mile! Gear your rear end to allow the completion of the mile in 4th and whatever rpm you wanna cross the line at. Justin recommended 3:73 and I even say a higher gear like a 3.55 or more.
You notice how all of the manual cars have to feather the clutch about 400 ft or so off the line in 1st gear? That's due to the high ratio rear end gearing. Imagine a stock Viper car and how they can reach crazy numbers on the stock ratio rear gear.
Very awesome to see you pursuing this and honestly any words any of us speak are to try and help you achieve your goal and putting the Viper Trucks once again on the map.
Congrats

Maybe you should come to the Texas Mile in March and show us all how to do it. :dontknow:

Maybe you should come to the Texas Mile in March and show us all how to do it. :dontknow:

Hahaha, I don't plan on showing anyone how to do anything, but I like offering helpful advice. I do plan on attending next year though although it won't be in Red's league. I'll likely run my stock engine with bolt ons and maybe a 200 shot. Who knows maybe I'll boost it and dope it. It'll be fun regardless.

Maybe you should read how he prefaced it by saying it's constructive criticism and where he says he hopes he achieves his goal. :dontknow:

Hahaha, I don't plan on showing anyone how to do anything, but I like offering helpful advice. I do plan on attending next year though although it won't be in Red's league. I'll likely run my stock engine with bolt ons and maybe a 200 shot. Who knows maybe I'll boost it and dope it. It'll be fun regardless.

The quad cab record is only 146, you should be able to best that.

It would be fun to try anyways. What did that one have done? Auto obviously right?

I was talking about the overall quad cab truck record it was an auto chevy. I think I might be wrong though, someone just mentioned a QC Cummings went 155ish

Maybe you should read how he prefaced it by saying it's constructive criticism and where he says he hopes he achieves his goal. :dontknow:

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings I just know how much time, money and effort went into Zach's truck. I am his uncle and the one that helped him build that beast! We knew going to the race that the transmission was on borrowed time but race day was here so we made the decision to go anyway. Not a bad effort on Zach's part to be the fastest truck at the Texas Mile on his first real run with a new engine and new Nos system. Can't wait to see some of you guys out there in March. We'll be there race ready next time trust me!

PS I'm not new here I joined back in April of 2010. I've been a member of the VCA since 2005 when I got my first Viper car.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings I just know how much time, money and effort went into Zach's truck. I am his uncle and the one that helped him build that beast! We knew going to the race that the transmission was on borrowed time but race day was here so we made the decision to go anyway. Not a bad effort on Zach's part to be the fastest truck at the Texas Mile on his first real run with a new engine and new Nos system. Can't wait to see some of you guys out there in March. We'll be there race ready next time trust me!

PS I'm not new here I joined back in April of 2010. I've been a member of the VCA since 2005 when I got my first Viper car.

I thought there were some trucks a while back running 192+ there? A red turbo lightning and flaco. Or you mean fastest truck of the day?

I thought there were some trucks a while back running 192+ there? A red turbo lightning and flaco. Or you mean fastest truck of the day?

Yes the fastest that weekend. The red turbo lighting is my brothers now!

No feelings hurt and we all know what Zach had gone through. He's updated us along the way. Think it's neat the family works together as a team. :rock:

Makes sense. Scott was just offering assistance but it sounds like you guys have it under control. Best of luck and can't wait to see some videos of his truck in action again.

Well that was fun...

Attachments

• IMG_20141207_135404976.jpg
    IMG_20141207_135404976.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 117

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back