BigRed460's build thread

Ok but why is the motor so jacked up? I could understand some pits in the pistons but damn! Sounds like too much nitrous, too soon, for too long. Just my 2 cents, which is actually worth about 150 bucks in most countries.

Ok but why is the motor so jacked up? I could understand some pits in the pistons but damn! Sounds like too much nitrous, too soon, for too long. Just my 2 cents, which is actually worth about 150 bucks in most countries.

That's why it time for a rebuild... This truck is raced, I can't beleave the motor looks as good as it does, minus the crack I found.

Gen IV conversion is starting to be a huge question for me, I think I might speed the money else where on the build... send the heads to greg good, and the intake to nitro daves

SRTVENOMOUS has a set of Gen IV's being down that are supposed to flow around 400cfm. Wonder if his builder tested the stock castings to see what they flowed?

SRTVENOMOUS has a set of Gen IV's being down that are supposed to flow around 400cfm. Wonder if his builder tested the stock castings to see what they flowed?

my first thought was that the gen 3 vs ported would flow more than a stock Gen 4. I don't think it's going to matter as much nitrous as I want to spray it.

ran great, 70,000 miles. It burnt 2 quarts every 1000 miles, I think it was getting plan 'ol wore out. Its been sprayed a 250 shot for two years now.

You've been spraying a 250 shot on a stock motor???

Not too bad, make a decision on the heads? I'm thinking for the cost of gen 4's plus the need for a new intake and exhaust manifolds i'd stick with ported gen 3's

Not too bad, make a decision on the heads? I'm thinking for the cost of gen 4's plus the need for a new intake and exhaust manifolds i'd stick with ported gen 3's

I think that's exactly what I am going to do, 6500 for the gen iv kit and 2000 for some headers(mandatory) or 3500 for the heads + 1250 for someone else to plumb my intake and some money left over for some used headers.

Custom grind, don't buy off the shelf cams for a build like this.

What Andy said justin has some great cams. He is puttin one in my 06.

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

This. Justin has a thread on here where they installed one of his custom grinds in a Viper and picked up a ton of power all across the board, not just on top like the Roe cam. He also talked about how he has other grinds that are perfectly suited to our heavier trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back