Billet Throttle Body....

Package received :)

This is very nice...

throttlebody.jpg

Will get it installed next week...

THANKS SEAN!!!:rock: :burnout: :D

Hope to see mine by Friday...if so it will be installed on Monday........Does yours have the VTCOA stamped on it?....:)

amtrucker22 said:
This is very nice...

throttlebody.jpg

Will get it installed next week...

THANKS SEAN!!!:rock: :burnout: :D

TNVIPER said:
Hope to see mine by Friday...if so it will be installed on Monday........Does yours have the VTCOA stamped on it?....:)
It does have the VTCOA Edition on it on the right side near the bolt. All I can say is it is gorgeous!

Paul

Got mine installed and for something that doesn't add hp my truck feels like its pulling from idle much harder. Throttle response is way quicker. I actually thought something was wrong at first. I thought my idle was to high but no its just pulling harder.

mosrt10 said:
Got mine installed and for something that doesn't add hp my truck feels like its pulling from idle much harder. Throttle response is way quicker. I actually thought something was wrong at first. I thought my idle was to high but no its just pulling harder.

I will know how it affects mine by tomorrow afternoon..:toilet:

mosrt10 said:

YES SR. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS WRON W/ MINE TOO... BUT THATS THE EFFECT OF THE TBS. I LOVE IT......:rock: :rock:

mosrt10 said:
You could in fact have a higher idle now as well. The throttle position sensor has a small amount of play when mounted on the four bolts. If you loosen the bolts and twist it, the idle speed changes. The dealer uses a meter to monitor the voltage. I used my ear.

Got mine installed and all I can say is :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: .....no way this is just a "few" horses increase....I could tell immediately the truck pulled stronger and smoother......I also did a simple base test yesterday evening....there is a side road on the way to my house that winds thru some farm land....I go this way frequently just for the thrill of smokin the tires on a short straight stretch..

I come around a curve doing about 30mph and drop into 1st....once the road straightens I nail it....instant smoke...I shift at about 6K and continue smokin em till about 4500 rpm when I have to let off to make a sharp curve.....I did this yesterday at about 6:45pm...temp 54...

This evening I head back to my short thrill stretch....about 6:45 with a temp of 53.....I nailed it at 30 producing the usual tire screaming and smoke.....I have to hurry and shift because 6K rpm is almost instant...i hit 2nd and almost instantly see the needle about to point at 6K rpm again...quick shift to 3rd and about 1 more second I have to let off to make the upcoming curve..

I have done this same blast dozens of times and have never had to grab 3rd before slowing for the curve at the end.....I know without a doubt this mod is just not a "SOTP" power adder....:elefant:

TNVIPER said:
Got mine installed and all I can say is :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: .....no way this is just a "few" horses increase....I could tell immediately the truck pulled stronger and smoother......I also did a simple base test yesterday evening....there is a side road on the way to my house that winds thru some farm land....I go this way frequently just for the thrill of smokin the tires on a short straight stretch..

I come around a curve doing about 30mph and drop into 1st....once the road straightens I nail it....instant smoke...I shift at about 6K and continue smokin em till about 4500 rpm when I have to let off to make a sharp curve.....I did this yesterday at about 6:45pm...temp 54...

This evening I head back to my short thrill stretch....about 6:45 with a temp of 53.....I nailed it at 30 producing the usual tire screaming and smoke.....I have to hurry and shift because 6K rpm is almost instant...i hit 2nd and almost instantly see the needle about to point at 6K rpm again...quick shift to 3rd and about 1 more second I have to let off to make the upcoming curve..

I have done this same blast dozens of times and have never had to grab 3rd before slowing for the curve at the end.....I know without a doubt this mod is just not a "SOTP" power adder....:elefant:

That is what I like to hear!:burnout: I hope to have mine installed soon! How long was the install?

Throttle is smooth as butter...from idle to WOT just pure KY...most noticeable coming off idle...my truck has never...been smother to drive...very civilized.

Wonderful improvement Sean, thank you!.

TB showed up today....thanks Sean.......:rock:

Brad....will bring it with me to Famoso.....not that you need it yet....:D

Nowwhat said:
TB showed up today....thanks Sean.......:rock:

Brad....will bring it with me to Famoso.....not that you need it yet....:D
Got mine put on today. Very good throttle response,Bottom end is quick & smooth. Thanks Sean.:rock:

Received mine today. Will wait until Saturday to install. I never work on my truck if I'm pressed for time. Mistakes are too expensive.

It was tempting to do the installation this afternoon. If I'd had some Loctite, who knows.

oldguys

I installed the new throttle body this morning. I was as slow and meticulous as I coule be, followed the directions, and was still finished in less than an hour. The idle is the same rpm with no surge as it was with the stocker. I went out to get a seat of the pants dyno test. There's no indication of any negatives. The only potential positive at this point and it may just be me wanting to see benefit is it does seem to pull a little stronger above 100mph. Considering my intent of staying normally aspirated with heads/cam installation within the next 15 months, I believe buying it was the right decision, the purchase price was a bargain, and Roe Racing makes very high quality parts.

Best to all,
oldguy

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back