Black rims? Gloss or Flat

Gloss or Flat black for my truck

• Gloss Black

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Flat Black

Votes: 29 33.7%

• Total voters
walbert said:
I'm thinking of getting the reproduction black rims from ebay for my truck. I'm just not sure if I should go Gloss black or Flat black. My thoughts are Gloss since the grill inserts are gloss black.

What do you guys think?

I think the gloss black would look better.

Just a FYI for all you satin guys. I'm not getting mine redone. Buying new ones that only come gloss or flat.

doneo said:
yours looks awesome....who makes the bed cover?

Thanks appreciate it.....the bed cover is a regular ol snug lig....im kinda wishing i went with the gaylord speedster cover...it looks good too.....

wheredwhogo? said:
in that case, go flat.....:D :marchmellow:
I used to think flat. Until I saw Dennis's yellow fever. That gloss looks sick!!

I like flat, but if it were mine, I'd go "Boss Gloss..." How sweet would it look when your tires are gleaming with Armor-All or Endurance and your wheels are just as slick looking? Flat would look good yes, but your paint isn't flat.. :dontknow: Is it?

For my money, if yer gonna go black it has to be gloss black wheels with a polished silver rim.....

D

Venom Power said:
I like flat, but if it were mine, I'd go "Boss Gloss..." How sweet would it look when your tires are gleaming with Armor-All or Endurance and your wheels are just as slick looking? Flat would look good yes, but your paint isn't flat.. :dontknow: Is it?

no but it easily can be for about $8000!!!!!! dont push me over the edge VP!!!!:D :D

Studzboy painted mine gloss black but did a matte black inside the wheel. I think they look great.

101_0078.jpg

From my personal experience SATIN BLACK is the best. I painted 2 wheels prior to my choice and matched them to my truck, I tried both Satin & Flat Black. The Flat black looked grey in certain lights and didn't have that full black look. It matched the tires perfectly due to being that kind of dull black/grey and it did not match my black truck. When I tried Satin, it was a no brainer. Gloss (IMO) looks cheap and a little tacky because it's too shiny. Makes the tyres stand out too much (being dull black/grey).

Do a search on here, when I choose it was an overwhelming Satin but I still wasn't sure so did a run of flat and Satin. Here is a photo at the very beginning of The Batram build. Rear = Flat. Front = Satin. The Flat matches the tire better but not the overall appearance and in different light and angles, Flat looks grey. Satin from any angle and any light always looks BLACK. It suits the truck better and enhances the overall appearance.

Satin_vs_Flat_Black_Rims.jpg

THE_BATRAM_29.JPG

Last edited:
Carlwalski said:
From my personal experience SATIN BLACK is the best. I painted 2 wheels prior to my choice and matched them to my truck, I tried both Satin & Flat Black. The Flat black looked grey in certain lights and didn't have that full black look. It matched the tires perfectly due to being that kind of dull black/grey and it did not match my black truck. When I tried Satin, it was a no brainer. Gloss (IMO) looks cheap and a little tacky because it's too shiny. Makes the tyres stand out too much (being dull black/grey).

Do a search on here, when I choose it was an overwhelming Satin but I still wasn't sure so did a run of flat and Satin. Here is a photo at the very beginning of The Batram build. Rear = Flat. Front = Satin. The Flat matches the tire better but not the overall appearance and in different light and angles, Flat looks grey. Satin from any angle and any light always looks BLACK. It suits the truck better and enhances the overall appearance

How can we do a Satin finish? finish comes with the varnish classic one or flat. isn't it?

I have matte black. I think carl is on crack. But he is right Flat does look greay you want hit up that SATIN or GLOSS

sound of turbo said:
How can we do a Satin finish? finish comes with the varnish classic one or flat. isn't it?
Ask for it lol. To each their own, go with what works well with the overall image of your truck. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back