Black Tinted Plexi Foglight Covers

canviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to black out the front of my truck a bit so i went to the local glass store and they custom cut out 2 pieces of 1/8" tinted plexi and put them in for me with 2 sided 3m tape and heavy duty black silicone. Drove the truck for a few hrs in a bit of rain and wind and up to speeds of 160km/h and when i got home the covers still seemed rock solid. It was suggested not to run my foglights for long periods of time because it might melt the plexi.
I don't know if this has been done before but this is what i did to add a little black to the nightrunner. I think it looks a bit meaner.
Sorry about the small pics i still don't know how to load up big pics.
So these are kind of multi purpose they add some looks and protect my front fogs.
The silicone still looks a little rough just waiting for it to quit raining here then i'm going to add 1 last smooth bead around the cover.

Attachments

• Tashia Baumle 024.jpg
    Tashia Baumle 024.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 162
  • 098.JPG
    098.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 250
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 170
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
If you can get it smooth, I'm sure it would look better.
I have a different idea. You could use some car door edge trim around the plexi. This way the edge would look finished when viewed from the front. It would be held on by silicone from behind the cover. This would also give some play so that the plexi doesn't have to be cut in the perfect shape of the hole.
Something like this
Door Edge Guards Protectors

or this

Rubber ( PVC ) edge trim-CF010-General Mechanical Components-China (Mainland)-Seals-products

I would just tint them i think it would look better plus you can run hid fogs . Great idea though .

If you can get it smooth, I'm sure it would look better.
I have a different idea. You could use some car door edge trim around the plexi. This way the edge would look finished when viewed from the front. It would be held on by silicone from behind the cover. This would also give some play so that the plexi doesn't have to be cut in the perfect shape of the hole.
Something like this
Door Edge Guards Protectors

or this

Rubber ( PVC ) edge trim-CF010-General Mechanical Components-China (Mainland)-Seals-products
Thanks Wesalbert i will check out the car door trim good idea. I wanted to tint but nobody around here wanted to do it and i for sure don't have the skills or patience to tint them myself. Once i get a smooth bead on, it should look ok. It still is a bit of work in progress.
But from 10 feet away it looks good lol.

Here is another idea. Not sure if they would fit our trucks or not. Never seen my foglight out of the truck.

02-06 DODGE RAM OEM TINTED FOG LIGHTS LAMPS SET SMOKE | eBay
AH man i knew i should have posted up my idea about these covers before i did it and then get others to chime in with there idea's. Because i like those tinted foglights too and wonder if they fit?
Maybe someone has tried them out and haven't told us yet. As for my covers they are easy to remove i just have to slice the silicone and pull the excess off if i decide on switching them out.

be careful cutting them out if you do decide to go that way. Don't want to mess up the bumper.
I would cut a hole in the middle so you could try to pull it out.

be careful cutting them out if you do decide to go that way. Don't want to mess up the bumper.
I would cut a hole in the middle so you could try to pull it out.
True,true but i do like the look of the plexi right now it makes the bumper all flush and clean looking except for my lumpy silicone bead but that's an easy fix.We'll just see how they last out in the weather. But i only try to drive when it's sunny out to much of a bitch to clean lately. Still wouldn't trade black for anything else though.

I do like how it is flush compared to how sunken in the stock ones are.
My concern with the silicone is I believe it will pick up stuff and get dirty. Also its going to be a pain to get a good smooth line.

I do like how it is flush compared to how sunken in the stock ones are.
My concern with the silicone is I believe it will pick up stuff and get dirty. Also its going to be a pain to get a good smooth line.
I thought the same about the silicone picking stuff up and we will have to see, so far so good they've only been on for a few days. And i'm going to try again for a smoother line, but from 10ft away you can't notice it to much. So when i'm driving by people nobody will notice but i like to take the truck to local show n shines too so i have to try and get that bead cleaner for people looking close at the truck.

Didn't the Gen 1 Viper's have a cover on the fog lights? I wonder what they used to hold them in place.

yes they did. No clue how they were held on though.

Would also be interesting to see if the fog lights in the 300 Hemi/SRT8 are the same size. If so, they make smoked covers for them.
Santeen has both an 06 SRT10 and a 300 SRT8. I will have him take a look.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back