Blog for new business idea

i like it:rock:

have used a shop like that before. been several years back, but was always a big help.

if memory serves they did not go for big jobs, engine swaps/builds was the biggest.

brakes, water pumps, tune ups, etc.

nothing fancy as far as shop equipment, floor jacks & jack stands, air & electric was provided & ya could order parts from there & were deliveried to ya. of course COD.

but all in all a place where a workin man could get his/her ride back runnin & get food on the table:rock:

Yeah the key things I was to offer is shop equipment you dont have at home and 10-20 year veteran ASE mechanics to help people.

I have a parts distributor that will bring parts every hour and I would pay for them as long as you have a CC on file. I want to make it simple so if you know you want to change an alternator you can call schedule a bay any special tools and I will have the parts ready for you when you get there.

Yeah the key things I was to offer is shop equipment you dont have at home and 10-20 year veteran ASE mechanics to help people.

I have a parts distributor that will bring parts every hour and I would pay for them as long as you have a CC on file. I want to make it simple so if you know you want to change an alternator you can call schedule a bay any special tools and I will have the parts ready for you when you get there.

thats a cool idea on the part & tools waitin on ya.

what about "walk ins"???

what about the liability issues???

scheduling will most likely be for non peak hours 10-3 and for mechanics under a members program. have to figure that out as we go.

Liability can be an issue but most likely there will be waivers to sign and strict shop rules. along with rules like your bay time will start when the mechanics on duty has set your wheel chalks on the car or set your car up on the lift. i.e. customers will not be lifting cars or jacking them up our mechanic will do all that, and regular things like no open toe shoes safety glasses at all times. no one under 18 without an adult there with them ect...

sounds good:rock::rock::rock:

ya goin to have a grand openin:dontknow::rock::D

Viper Truck discounts??:D:rock:

Viper trucks can use everything for free!

yes grand opening car show, maybe mobile dyno food raffles tool giveaways

also I will have amsoil products nitrous supplier and a ton of extra suppliers for specialized stuff. all the special tools will always be for sale if people want to buy them. maybe an awd dyno and paint booth in the future or other specialized stuff

oh yeah a engine/ transmission clean room
Storage for cars and parts
oh and if you buy 4 bay hours in advance I will come tow your vehicle to the shop for free (had to make that deal for the fords out there)

man:rock::rock::rock:thats sweet:rock:

picked out a name yet???

here is one of my ideas

Attachments

• Logo fixed.JPG
    Logo fixed.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 48
i'd vote for that one:rock:

I have experience with two similar shops.
1. Back in high school (early 80's) one garage by our airport changed to a do-it-yourself. Similar to what you describe only not too many tools and no expert help. We would hang out there in the evenings. When someone could not put it back together we (the couple kids that paid attention in auto shop) would help them out for a price.
2. While I was in the Navy (late 80's) I found out about the hobby shop. Similar to what you described with lifts, tools, storage & even a car wash bay. They had some one on duty to help you but he wasn't exactly an expert. I would usually end up helping three or four guys every time I want over there. Sometimes it was a Pain in the ass to get my work done. The plus side was I usually didn't end up paying.
I would say the key to your success is having expert help on hand!

Then there was the do it your self shop in the movie Christine. Well we all know how that turned out. Not good! lol

I have experience with two similar shops.
1. Back in high school (early 80's) one garage by our airport changed to a do-it-yourself. Similar to what you describe only not too many tools and no expert help. We would hang out there in the evenings. When someone could not put it back together we (the couple kids that paid attention in auto shop) would help them out for a price.
2. While I was in the Navy (late 80's) I found out about the hobby shop. Similar to what you described with lifts, tools, storage & even a car wash bay. They had some one on duty to help you but he wasn't exactly an expert. I would usually end up helping three or four guys every time I want over there. Sometimes it was a Pain in the ass to get my work done. The plus side was I usually didn't end up paying.
I would say the key to your success is having expert help on hand!

Yeh. Most military bases have a hobby shop now I would think. Some of em even have true knowledge rollin around. Others have bored retiries.

My key concerns are people having a great experience and leave happy every time. Just having the tools and equipment isnt enough I need someone there that knows how to use it all and knows how to help people and save them money over the dealers shop. I can give almost anyone a ford axle spreader but i bet more than 80% wont know how to use it or know what it is lol

a car wash &/or detail service???

a car wash &/or detail service???

Detailing box with all the pro stuff but the car wash will depend on the site due to water run off rules differ a lot when you are charging people so most likely we will have a steam pressure washer at some point but we will not offer it as a service cause of the epa gov rules for a "car wash"

I am going to need someone here soon to start designing a website soon as the banks tell me yes and I will start with some soft marketing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back