blown motor.... now what

if you are interested in the truck, let me know. I have a couple Viper and car shops putting word out as well. Thanks for the offer on trade, but I think I am gonna pick up a Raptor next.

thats what everyone with a fast vehicles wants, switch to something slower and uglier

Overreving. Past 6000 isn't good for it as well as letting off of the throttle from a high rpm to hear the popping. Yanking the piston down from the top with high vacuum will elongate the big end of the rod which in turn will grab the bearing and eventually spin it. Once the bearing moves it has no oil and will fail shortly. We always expect the failure at moment of abuse.....just a theory of mine.

so i should start saving money now huh?? lots of fun hopping the front end down the street on the motor, everybody wants to know where my air tanks are for the pistons:D

best start saving and get the order in for forged parts. takes about 8 weeks to arrive! :D

It was on CL for 8k I believe.;)

Tony got a steal on the silver truck off FB a few days back!:rock:

It did sell, no it was not on CL for 8K. Glad it's going to someone who has the time to bring it back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well know I know.... it's ugly for sure

The truck has a new home, the new owner let me know what he found....

the number 5 piston rod snapped off the piston which caused a catastrophic failure and destroyed the block (hole in the side at the passengers engine mount. There was nothing left of the piston and valve from that cylinder just small pieces in the bottom of the oil pan. Block is scrap metal.

Good news is, the new owner is going to get it back on the road.

Farewell VTCOA.... it's been a blast.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back