bone stock...need advise

savageR

Reaction score
Keeping in mind that my truck is my daily driver, If you had to start from scratch with your truck what mods and in what order would you install on your truck? I want to try to keep it bolt-on for the moment, stuff I can do myself. Is getting to 500 rwhp a realistic goal with bolt-ons? Thanks :rock:

Catback Exhaust (or full, including headers)
Cold Air Induction (CAI)
Short Throw Shifter (If Manual)
Viper Master Slave & Cylinder Kit (If Manual)
Throttle Body
170 Degree Thermostat
Roe Racing SCT XCalibrator 2 Tuner
Lowering/Handling Kit
JMB Front and Rear Endlinks

500 rwhp out of a qc is unlikely with just bolt ons.... sry. They usually start off between 20-50 (shows a large variance in stock hp's) from RC's at the wheels.

However your best bet is just an all of the above approach, Headers, catless mid-pipes, 3 inch exhaust, CAI, thermostat, SCT or VEC tuner, Throttle body, new plugs can't hurt also.

since your in fla. a stage2 flash from dc performance or a sct tuner from Roe Racing. Catless Mids from JMB Performance, and a set of headers will wake it up to your liking. maybe even a cat back exhaust. most will tell you. try to get a plan to where you want to end up on mods. then we can help you. i wasted some money going one way then had to back up and start over.

QC, get a stage II flash(havent ever heard anyone have problems with one) and maybe an exhaust for some sound...then just start saving because you will need FI to get a QC to move, followed by a new tranny

First get your bands adjusted and replace the valve body with a worked piece.

Then buy a SCT or BG stage 2. The SCT will be good for 460 rwhp and the stage 2 for me is good for 450 rwhp!

delete the cats add and your at 485 rwhp or 475 rwhp. headers, cai 3" catback and you ought to be close...........

heads and cam and your at 560 rwhp

A first MUST is Stinker's lowering shackles for the rear if you don't want to spend the cash on the whole lowering kit.

Paint it black and it will go faster right off the bat... ;)

If it is already black, exhaust, mids, upgraded pcm, k&n or CAI, headers, etc...

cold air kit fro Justin

Long tubes and ccatless mids from Roe

cat back from me:D

flash from B@G chrysler

That should net you about $480rwhp:rock:

Lots of good advice here. The bolt ons mentioned will give you noticeable results. The computor upgrade being the "must have" QC mod. I have seen it take a full second second off a quarter mile run (on a friends truck).

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Lots of good advice here. The bolt ons mentioned will give you noticeable results. The computor upgrade being the "must have" QC mod. I have seen it take a full second second off a quarter mile run.

patrick

Most definitly:rock: the flash from B@G flash can net up to 50hp difference, it definlty will make the biggest difference:rock:

they claimed close to 80 on a qc didnt they? been so long i cant remember. you can definately tell the difference

Bng for the buck factor=Nitrous. Fast when you spray it, stock when you don't.

Stinker said:
cold air kit fro Justin

Long tubes and ccatless mids from Roe

cat back from me:D

flash from B@G chrysler

That should net you about $480rwhp:rock:
ill take all that for 480 dollars u posted it not me you have to stand behind that price if not that is false advertisement....... if you dont ill hog tie you and make sweet love to you

505'sFastestViper. said:
ill take all that for 480 dollars u posted it not me you have to stand behind that price if not that is false advertisement....... if you dont ill hog tie you and make sweet love to you
sounds like fun, when ya commin over?:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back