Bone's Sun Coast Visit and Install

Bone said:
Working on my truck. Very efficient and fast workers. (loved to play with train horn)
Almost had to remove a Belanger header to drop transmission. I didn't bring any header gaskets, so something to think about if your headers interfear with removal.:dontknow:
WOW that is a wealth of info!!! thanks for all the Data- Now if i wasnt the furthest posible place from FL this would be killer- trannys and heavy engine mod's i leave to pro's. so i will take all this data to someone local to see what can happen here. is this your everyday driver how does it shift in town or slower driving? does it jump back- in & out at lower speeds?

RUFROZN said:
WOW that is a wealth of info!!! thanks for all the Data- Now if i wasnt the furthest posible place from FL this would be killer- trannys and heavy engine mod's i leave to pro's. so i will take all this data to someone local to see what can happen here. is this your everyday driver how does it shift in town or slower driving? does it jump back- in & out at lower speeds?
Well, I am pulling the engine again as we speak...

The trans is great. Pretty violent compared to stock is about the best way to describe it. NBT and Eddie have driven in it and can tell you the difference. If you want it as a smooth every day driver or to take your girl on a quiet date, this is not the tranny to get, or have the shifts modified smoother.

They can ship you the completed tranny or send yours in for a rebuilt. There is also Joe online vender here I believe that does great work too.

I hope all this work your involved in doesn't interfere with your additions to Mammary Moday or Friday A@@. ! YOU are out of control Mr B. and lovin it!. Congrats on all the new stuff:rock: :rock: :rock:

GREAT GOBS OF GOO!!!

Bone said:
Since a few have asked about prices:

Extreme Duty Rebuild - 486
Billet Input Shaft and Hub - 742
Billet Intermediate Shaft - 742
Billet Direct Drum - 712
Billet Torque Converter 2500 Stall - 1295
Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan - 240
Dana 70 Mag-Hytec Alum Pan - 240
Hi-Energy Rigid Band - came with build
48 RE Valve Body w/ELT - 689
labor/installed - 1400
dextron fluid - 4
syn gear fluid and lube - 17
sub total - 6687
tax - 401
total - 7088

:vollkommenauf:

OMG! Bone! Welp I guess you got the best of the best but I thought it was a lot cheaper. I got to do this soon too. My tranny bothers me. I'm hoping maybe next April or so.

Perry

Speed Racer said:
OMG! Bone! Welp I guess you got the best of the best but I thought it was a lot cheaper. I got to do this soon too. My tranny bothers me. I'm hoping maybe next April or so.

Perry

That's nothing compared to a towing bill from the Nats! :eek::D

Just woke up. Worked the entire weekend.:nurse:

Anyone know of a place for the tranny work in or around the Knoxville TN area.
I would travel around 150 miles from here.
I am only looking mainly for the converter upgrade,but I can't get my self to leave my truck anywhere unless they come recommened.:dontknow:

fursale said:
Anyone know of a place for the tranny work in or around the Knoxville TN area.
I would travel around 150 miles from here.
I am only looking mainly for the converter upgrade,but I can't get my self to leave my truck anywhere unless they come recommened.:dontknow:

I know Suncoast has authorized dealers around the US. You can ask Ron at Suncoast. I believe they have a web page of the dealers but would have to look for it.

I would do the Heavy Duty upgrade with the torque converter since you have to drop the tranny anyhow. Improve the clutch packs.
Next, intermediate shaft and valve body.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back