Bone's Sun Coast Visit and Install

RedRamRules said:
Very cool Bone, awesome pics :D

Can you get the same diff. cover for the RC trucks? Thanks.

It was a Dana 70 cover. Should be the same. Do you have a pic of yours?

Chuck B said:
Thanks for posting. BTW...I had about the same material on my magnet with my last drain/fill. Previous 2 drain/fills showed normal material attached to the magnet. That large piece you show was/appears to be identical to what I had. I had dodge do a complete axle rebuild (under warranty) as both myself and Viper tech knew something was/is coming apart. Turned out that piece came from an inner wheel bearing outer casing.

Getting the parts for the rebuild was difficult. Dodge had to pull them from the production line in mexico as no new parts were available here state side. I took that to mean its not been a problem with our axles.

It was just a part of a clip from mine. Techs told me it wouldn't be an issue at all and to not worry. I haven't had a problem and no noise is coming from it.

1Fast400 said:
Would be VERY interesting to see a dyno with the new transmission in it before any other mods are made. I get my tranny from Joe sometime next week. I'll put my suncoast for sale soon. My entire deal was like 7200 bucks. Someone is going to get my tranny for cheap.

Yeah, they have another one sitting in their shop. Somebody with a twin-turbo from FL ordered it but never showed. I was completely impressed with their shop and service.

I would too like to see a dyno, but even more what it does on the track.

NBT said:
While he is there have him grab some paint...:D

Paint has been locked up now. He found a new hobby, Staple Gun!:eek:

That clip on your rear diff magnet is from the clutch pack in the diff.
That clip keeps all the clutch steels in place. Once the side gears are in place I do not believe the steels can go anywhere. If you go to rebuild the diff clutch packs you'll need new clips

Azmotorhead said:
That clip on your rear diff magnet is from the clutch pack in the diff.
That clip keeps all the clutch steels in place. Once the side gears are in place I do not believe the steels can go anywhere. If you go to rebuild the diff clutch packs you'll need new clips
I was talking about the differential, what were you inferring, the trans? You are right, I don't think they can go anywhere now.

Since a few have asked about prices:

Extreme Duty Rebuild - 486
Billet Input Shaft and Hub - 742
Billet Intermediate Shaft - 742
Billet Direct Drum - 712
Billet Torque Converter 2500 Stall - 1295
Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan - 240
Dana 70 Mag-Hytec Alum Pan - 240
Hi-Energy Rigid Band - came with build
48 RE Valve Body w/ELT - 689
labor/installed - 1400
dextron fluid - 4
syn gear fluid and lube - 17
sub total - 6687
tax - 401
total - 7088

:vollkommenauf:

Attachments

• suncoast.JPG
    suncoast.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
Mag-Hytec Website:
http://www.mag-hytec.com/
Dana 70 pan:
http://www.mag-hytec.com/differential covers.htm
Mag-727D trans pan:
http://www.mag-hytec.com/Transmission_pans.htm

Mag-Hytec's heavy duty differential covers and transmission pans provide increased lubricant and cooling capacity for hard working recreational and service vehicles. Mag-Hytec covers and pans set your vehicle apart in both aesthetics and function - cast in A356-T6 aluminum and texture powder coated black with machined cooling fins. Magnetic drain plugs trap worn gear material promoting fluid integrity. Each unit is fitted with ARP 568 O-rings for superior sealing. All hardware is 303 stainless steel, in most applications no gasket or sealant is required, and all Mag-Hytec parts are covered by a lifetime limited warranty. Depend on Mag-Hytec when you're pulling a heavy load.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    14.5 KB · Views: 48
vpr hler said:
The reason for this MONSTER TRANNY build is so you are ready for some serious HP work ??
:D :D :D :D :D

BOOMER said:
he needs the tranny to haul around all of his Ho's he is pimpin;) :D
My Ho's loved to be spooned. Especially under the truck.:rock:
Another reason for the QC. Fill up my QC with Ho's at the Nats for better traction.
Ho's are like HP, a man can never had enough Ho's available.

Attachments

• 1161351471_file10994739_modelis_didele.jpg
    1161351471_file10994739_modelis_didele.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 63
  • 1161350336_podb71_28.jpg
    1161350336_podb71_28.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 86
Misterhemi03 said:
Your making me feel bad for not changing the fluid in my rear end yet. 16k m
Not to make you feel any worse, but I checked it again today and there was some small shavings again. Probably due to the new magnet.

Here's a simple beef-up fix. Weld where the rear axle meets the rear differential (see pic with red circles). Dodge only spot welds it there, so I decided to weld around the axle. I first cleaned the area, took off any rust and filed off any paint. After welding, I then put some black paint so the weld wouldn't rust.

Attachments

• weld.JPG
    weld.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 91
Now that's a post...............Congrats on the mods.......

Yer ho's seem to have been cloned................

SD

wooo I hope that someone is me!

1Fast400 said:
Would be VERY interesting to see a dyno with the new transmission in it before any other mods are made. I get my tranny from Joe sometime next week. I'll put my suncoast for sale soon. My entire deal was like 7200 bucks. Someone is going to get my tranny for cheap.

What's the benefit of welding where the differential meets the axle? Is that a weak area to begin with? I've never seen that done and just wanted to learn more about it. TIA

Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back