boomer/X-Metal point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
• Lately it seems I have caught a lot of flack from my brothers here on the forum, and I owe my side of situation, as best as I can explain it
• Nowwhat you have black anodized door handles from me that have faded from the California sun, a year later.
• This is the first I have heard about this problem, as you have never called me or pm’d me about it.
• I will gladly have them reanodized, and or custom painted to alleviate that condition. I did talk to you about the noise in the door handles, and we recommended putting in a small piece of tubing under the handle for it to rest upon, since the rubber button wasn’t staying put
• . Also, last week was the first time we discussed that your front springs were too soft, as you know, the new ones are on the way. I asked you to remove your negative posts about my throttle body, not because I was trying to ‘BUY†you, but because you have NEVER tried an X-Metal throttle body, therefore you have no basis for evaluating ours. And everyone who we have sent one too, Begood, Stinker, Doneo, and others have called giving me rave reviews about it. I know it works, I spent 2 years doing the R&D on our design and it is not like the one you have from RSI. So are these 3 problems enough to warrant you bashing me at all costs, with out ever giving me an opportunity to speak to you and try to help?
• 1fast400-you say I lied and posted a dyno sheet. How ever you want to twist it, I didn’t dyno the run on the truck in question, another independent shop dyno’d it, and the owner JRGND has a video of it? Yet I lied and posted a fraudlent run, not true, a search would reveal that. Get your facts straight. You haven’t contributed anything positive to this forum in any technical form.
• If this forum allows turds like you, who lie and manipulate people for no other reason than self gratification for an ego maniac, then I am better off with out this forum. Btw, thanks for always bashing the Paxton supercharger and pimping your Roe, only to wind up with your truck at underground with your Roe sold and now I hear your looking at getting a Paxton?
• I love this forum and most of the people on it. I was recently accused of not calling a customer back, who had tried to reach me several times via phone and computer. I knew about this and chose not to do any future business with this person as he was a constant pain in the ass, and a liar.
• You never get to hear the entire story because as a Vendor you are expected to take the higher road, and not always say what you really want to as “the customer is always right†yes in some cases that’s 99% true, but I have a fault of not kissing ass, and that comes at a price in business-but I am aint changing, I say it like I mean it. Yes I do deal with hundreds of potential X-Metal customers a week, so if I cant make 1% totally happy, I am truly sorry, and all I can do is give it 100%.
• If you just look at the law of percentages, just by the shear volume of people I talk and send out parts to---about 5-10,000 year, yep, I am not going to make anyone happy.-if all I did was rebox something and sit around for 4-5 order phone calls, then my customer satisfaction rate would certainly be better, just by doing the math.
• X-Metal is NOT a Jegs, or a Summit, or any type of business that I just rebox an item and I send it to you. Everything I make is handcrafted, and it is something I wont make a lot of (camaro or mustang parts), as the SRT Ram is not even made anymore, and was made in small quanities, but I love them, and will continue to make cool one of kind-cant get no where else-parts for it. Does that take a while, yes sometimes I will have some extras sitting around I can ship the same day-like calvue mirrors, sometimes I have to wait until I get enough orders in to meet the minimum requirments to order materials to make something. If it was sparkplugs, I could just order a few and ship them to you. To make a shifter or throttle body, it costs me $3000 up front, to buy the materials to make them. Then 2 weeks of machining time.
• I cant just whip that kind of money and time out for 1 shifter here and there.
• Yes, I am very hard to reach sometimes, that is undeniable. With expertise and handcraftsmanship, comes a lack of time-I cant be 2 places at once. X-metal is one of 2 business I run.
• X-Metal isn’t what pays the bills here
• -so I work 80-90 hours a week to fufill X-Metal services, yet still make enough money at my day-to-day job to be able to survive. I have a main man-Marty here who helps me do installs and run the CNC’s. we cant be everything to everyone. Guys, this is the GOD’s Honest truth: I get 20-100 phone calls a day, a lot of them are for advice on products I didn’t even sell to the guy calling me! I have gotten and get phone calls on Christmas, New years, and Thanksgiving, and I returned 2 on Memorial day. I get phone calls from people who wont talk to Marty, and the question I get when I get to the phone is: “whats the best way to get to your shop, or “ I just need a price on Headers, but I wanted to hear it from youâ€
• If I answered every phone call I would never be able to run the cnc’s, do R&D, do the dyno tuning, etc, you get the picture. Sometimes when people call, I am doing finance paperwork on a bike someone just bought or helping another sales person or customer here at the store. This month I have been battling chargebacks on Visa cards for over $12,000 from 3 crooked X-Metal customers who would rather steal and lie, than pay their bills.
So yes, I fill a small niche in the Viper world, it’s a small niche, that’s why I have to do other things to survive. I wish X-metal was my only responsiblilty, but its not, I am a father, a husband, a Marine, and I have to provide payroll to 15 other families who rely on me to keep them in a job. If you want a Gibson header which sucks, it can ship today, try to order a B&B header and its 4-6 weeks for them to make it.
• I would like to remain a Vendor here and a member, as I love this truck, the owners and this forum, unfornatley with the internet I have found that you are only as good as the last post someone made about you.

Boomer I feel your vibes and you seem like a Nice Guy And I have heard good stuff on your products from a Lot of members here Although I have ordered nothing from you. I can't wait to order the lowering kit:rock: Good luck and prosperity to you.

I have bought a few things from you and had a great experience and would gladly do it again. Unfortunalty on a forum there is a public audience that can give real time feedback for the whole world to see. It is so easy hide behind a keyboard with a fake name just to be heard by thousands. I am so glad that you posted this up and hope to see you here in the future.

Bruce

I have been very pleased with your customer service Gary , I have only purchased two things from you, Magnaflow last year that I received in less the 7 days after placing my order and the cal-vu mirrors that I ordered last week and they came in yesterday.
I am also self employed .... you just cant make every one happy.

God, I just love the truth

Thanks, Boomer

Thanks for the info and update, Gary.
I got an ice cold beer waiting for you at Nats.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your side of this Gary.

While I personally have only had 1 transaction with you, it was a pleasant experience. I should however add that I have been a party to a few other transactions that also went well, so I'm not basing my opinion of Boomer on just one experience.

Thank you again sir.

Great Guy

Have purchased 3 items from Gary and the guy is great...if there is any problem he rectifies it...any question and he takes the time to answer it. I stan behind ya my man.

I have ordered parts from X-Metal and received ALL within one week of order. Had a problem and called Gary and problem solved. As a small business owner myself, you want to make ALL your clients 100% happy, unfortunately there are clients that are not worth the aggravationand. I would not hesitate to order more from X-metal. Gary , I hope that the very very few unhappy clients do not deter you from the very very satisfied ones. :rock: :rock: :rock:

That you Gary for coming on her a voicing your side.

As I have already stated, I have purchased quite a few products from Gary and they all have worked as promised.

I have also recently received an X-metal throttle body which I will be installing in the next week or so, then I will post up my opinion of how it works. I can tell you already that the look is top quality, it would cost me atleast $300 to get my stock polished to a shine like the X-metal one, and I can tell just by looking at it that it will flow more air.

That is enough from me for now.

Bill.

as slow91 and i were talking today.

boomer makes very good products for these trucks and i will continue to do business with x-metal.

there isnt a lot of people who makes custom parts for these trucks and boomer is a pioneer.

Xmetal and Gary are worth the wait! I bought several items from him and have been satisified with everything. thanks gary!

Right on Gary!! :D At least now we have both sides of the story :rock: :rock: If I were ever gonna mod my truck, I certainly would not want to order something outta the box from Jegs, etc. ANYONE can do that :dancing: :D I have watched Jerry custom fab many things for many people over the years and I can truly understand and appreciate all of the time it takes for the R & D.

Like they say, you can't please all the people all the time ..................

Last edited:
Good to hear your side Gary!

I have placed one order, and had no problems at all!!

BTW, I need a new gasket for the t-stat! :D

I knew Boom would not let me down :D :rock: Semper Fi Gary !
Now that you have responded I hope that there will be some order to all of this and people take the High ground and do as you instructed in your post. BTW for the record on Christmas I just called to wish you a Merry Christmas, not to bug ya :eek: :D Give Rachel a hug from me and Thanks for coming on and telling your side Gary :rock:

Great post Gary....I will most definately do business with you when I buy my next SRT-10.....whether it's a Ram or a Viper......:star:

Thanks for all of the hard work and returning my phone calls as YOUR time will allow.

i have bought the lowering kit...throttle body spacer...billet door stills ....billet door inserts (vipper head)...alumimum oil filter housing....ebc green pads ...fan set up....cal-vec mirrors...just to name a few things that i have gotten from boomer and its been good businss and quality stuff.......i do know how hard it is to please everyone i'm also a small business owner(3 business),gary, i know just what you are saying......

All my purchases thru Boom have been shipped when promised and quality has been excellent....I'd certainly hope you can figure out a way to stay on here as a vendor!! :rock:

TheSickness said:
I knew Boom would not let me down :D :rock: Semper Fi Gary !
Now that you have responded I hope that there will be some order to all of this and people take the High ground and do as you instructed in your post. BTW for the record on Christmas I just called to wish you a Merry Christmas, not to bug ya :eek: :D Give Rachel a hug from me and Thanks for coming on and telling your side Gary :rock:
no prob, and Semper Fi to you bro, but it was NOT you whom i was referring to on Xmas, it was 2 other folks that are just maniacal gearheads like the rest of us, no sweat. love ya man

Hey Gary, make damn sure you and Rachel make it to the Nats.

Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back